- Table View
- List View
Already a classic in its second edition, wine critic Anthony Dias Blue's annual guide has changed novice and expert wine enthusiasts' lives -- and wallets -- for the better. With an emphasis on American wines and the hidden treasures to be discovered at your local wine shop, Anthony Dias Blue's Pocket Guide to Wine 2007 tells you exactly what you need to know to choose the perfect wine for every occasion, whether you're dining in or dining out. THIS 2007 EDITION FEATURES: An updated and extended winery section broken down by country and region, including key facts, best wines, and overall ratings for each listing! A basic primer on wine appreciation! Tips on how to judge wine! A comprehensive description of all the important grape varieties! A quick reference guide for on-the-spot decisions! and much more.
In this completely updated and revised edition, Anthony Dias Blue, the renowned wine expert and author of the definitive wine reference American Wine: A Comprehensive Guide, offers consumers his authoritative ratings of more than 5,000 domestic vintages, listed in an accessible, alphabetical format by wineries and their products.
With more than 100 new recipes for cocktails, mixed drinks, and nonalcoholic beverages, this revised edition of Anthony Dias Blue's classic guide fills us in on what we need to know: How to stock a bar, listing alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages by probable frequency of use. Bar and cocktail definitions -- learn the difference between a julep and a smash, a toddy and a flip. Calorie charts, mixology tips, and illustrated descriptions of glasses. Organized by spirit, each chapter is introduced by an accessible and eloquent essay. Discover more than 1,000 recipes for cocktails, categorized by Classics, Creative Concoctions, Signature Drinks, and Tropical Drinks -- everything from the popular Martini and the Coco Loco to Trader Vic's West Indies Punch, a Midori Sour, and a Velvet Hammer. Whether entertaining, bartending, or simply relaxing with a favorite drink, this is the must-have bar book.
An indispensable follow-up to his classic Complete Book of Mixed Drinks, Anthony Dias Blue presents The Complete Book of Spirits, a comprehensive collection of history, lore, and tasting tips, along with recipes for select cocktails. Here, in one concise and easy-to-use volume, is all the information a consumer needs to shop, mix, and sip like a spirits expert. From bathtub gin to mojito madness, Blue brings the dynamic history of the spirits industry alive, demonstrating that spirit making is not only one of mankind's oldest pursuits but also perhaps its most colorful. In ten captivating chapters, readers are treated to everything they ever wanted to know about their favorite liquors, including vodka, aquavit, tequila, and whiskey. Blue also provides step-by-step instructions on how to host spirit tastings to educate your palate and to help you and your friends discover your favorite brands and blends. For every chapter and every spirit, there is also a handy tasting-notes section, with Blue's expert comments and his favorites, along with price points. If you've ever wondered about the difference between potato and wheat vodkas, or between mescal and tequila or American and Irish whiskeys, or what makes single malt Scotch so desirable, look no further. With Anthony Dias Blue, America's leading wine and spirits expert, and The Complete Book of Spirits as your guides, you will take your enjoyment to a new level.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.