Already a classic in its second edition, wine critic Anthony Dias Blue's annual guide has changed novice and expert wine enthusiasts' lives -- and wallets -- for the better. With an emphasis on American wines and the hidden treasures to be discovered at your local wine shop, Anthony Dias Blue's Pocket Guide to Wine 2007 tells you exactly what you need to know to choose the perfect wine for every occasion, whether you're dining in or dining out. THIS 2007 EDITION FEATURES: An updated and extended winery section broken down by country and region, including key facts, best wines, and overall ratings for each listing! A basic primer on wine appreciation! Tips on how to judge wine! A comprehensive description of all the important grape varieties! A quick reference guide for on-the-spot decisions! and much more.
In this completely updated and revised edition, Anthony Dias Blue, the renowned wine expert and author of the definitive wine reference American Wine: A Comprehensive Guide, offers consumers his authoritative ratings of more than 5,000 domestic vintages, listed in an accessible, alphabetical format by wineries and their products.
With more than 100 new recipes for cocktails, mixed drinks, and nonalcoholic beverages, this revised edition of Anthony Dias Blue's classic guide fills us in on what we need to know: How to stock a bar, listing alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages by probable frequency of use. Bar and cocktail definitions -- learn the difference between a julep and a smash, a toddy and a flip. Calorie charts, mixology tips, and illustrated descriptions of glasses. Organized by spirit, each chapter is introduced by an accessible and eloquent essay. Discover more than 1,000 recipes for cocktails, categorized by Classics, Creative Concoctions, Signature Drinks, and Tropical Drinks -- everything from the popular Martini and the Coco Loco to Trader Vic's West Indies Punch, a Midori Sour, and a Velvet Hammer. Whether entertaining, bartending, or simply relaxing with a favorite drink, this is the must-have bar book.
An indispensable follow-up to his classic Complete Book of Mixed Drinks, Anthony Dias Blue presents The Complete Book of Spirits, a comprehensive collection of history, lore, and tasting tips, along with recipes for select cocktails. Here, in one concise and easy-to-use volume, is all the information a consumer needs to shop, mix, and sip like a spirits expert. From bathtub gin to mojito madness, Blue brings the dynamic history of the spirits industry alive, demonstrating that spirit making is not only one of mankind's oldest pursuits but also perhaps its most colorful. In ten captivating chapters, readers are treated to everything they ever wanted to know about their favorite liquors, including vodka, aquavit, tequila, and whiskey. Blue also provides step-by-step instructions on how to host spirit tastings to educate your palate and to help you and your friends discover your favorite brands and blends. For every chapter and every spirit, there is also a handy tasting-notes section, with Blue's expert comments and his favorites, along with price points. If you've ever wondered about the difference between potato and wheat vodkas, or between mescal and tequila or American and Irish whiskeys, or what makes single malt Scotch so desirable, look no further. With Anthony Dias Blue, America's leading wine and spirits expert, and The Complete Book of Spirits as your guides, you will take your enjoyment to a new level.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.