- Table View
- List View
A panel of multidisciplinary experts describes in detail readily reproducible methods to investigate all aspects of the endothelin system from its synthesis and metabolism, to its function in health and disease. Theses methods use state-of-the-art molecular techniques to quantify the expression of mRNA for both endothelin receptors and the endothelin converting enzymes. They show how peptides, precursors, receptors, and synthetic enzymes can be localized and quantified in plasma, culture supernatants, tissue homogenate, and tissue sections using antibodies. Several in vivo protocols illustrate the role of the endothelin peptides in healthy human individuals and describe animal models that can be used to predict the therapeutic potential of cardiovascular drugs that manipulate endothelin synthesis or function.
A comprehensive collection of readily reproducible methods for studying receptors in silico, in vitro, and in vivo. These cutting-edge techniques cover mining from curated databases, identifying novel receptors by high throughput screening, molecular methods to identify mRNA encoding receptors, radioligand binding assays and their analysis, quantitative autoradiography, and imaging receptors by positron emission tomography (PET). Highlights include phenotypic characterization of receptors in knockout mice, imaging receptors using green fluorescent protein and fluorescent resonance energy transfer, and quantitative analysis of receptor mRNA by TaqMan PCR. These book equips the researcher with techniques for exploring the unprecedented number of new receptor systems now emerging and the so-called "orphan" receptors whose activating ligand has not been identified.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.