The rise of corporate groups in the last century dictates a shift in the income tax law: instead of treating each company as a separate taxpayer, the tax consolidation regime is increasingly common. Antony Ting presents the first comprehensive comparative study of eight consolidation regimes in Australia, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain and the USA. In the study, he critically analyses and compares alternative policy options with respect to ten key structural elements. The study improves understanding of the design and implementation of consolidation regimes and sets the stage for the search for a model. It provides valuable information with respect to the best practices, as well as the pitfalls, in the design of a consolidation regime. The book is essential to countries contemplating the introduction of a new consolidation regime and offers important insights into the management of such a complex structure through careful policy-orientated choices.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.