- Table View
- List View
A Class Trip Turns into a Wild-Goose Chase! Dee, José, and Annie are touring the White House when they accidentally knock an old painting of George Washington off the wall - and the first president escapes! As they race to put him back, the three meet other famous people who lived in the White House. Chasing George Washington is based on a play produced by the Kennedy Center and the White House Historical Association, written by Karen Zacarías, Deborah Wicks La Puma, and the Young Playwrights Theater, and now touring nationally.
Imagine if you lived in the White House... Archie Roosevelt is a typical kid -- except that his dad is Teddy Roosevelt, the president of the United States, and they live in the White House! When Archie and his siblings get their hands on a treasure map, they are on the hunt. From the cluttered study to the spooky attic, the map takes them on an adventure through the White House and its history, and leads them to a treasure they'll never forget! Teddy Roosevelt and the Treasure of Ursa Major is based on a play produced by the Kennedy Center and the White House Historical Association that is touring across the country. This book is the first in a three-book series about the history of the White House and the kids who lived there, and it's a treasure hunt that you won't want to miss!
Alongside the presidents and their families, some crazy pets have lived in the White House. From John Quincy Adams's pet alligator all the way to First Puppy Bo Obama, the White House has been home to lots of four-legged friends. Now readers can get an inside look at the animals that have accompanied our nation's leaders! Unleashed is based on a play produced by The Kennedy Center in conjunction with an initiative that aims to educate American youth about past presidents.
Say hello to the mostly sweet, but sometimes sour, Wisteria Jane Hummell. Named after her mother's favorite flower, Wisteria Jane sees the world in her own special way. She tells her friends that her favorite color is "rainbow." She loves jumping in mud puddles and she desperately wants a pet unicorn. Wisteria Jane's days are filled with adventures, giggles, bumps, bruises, and some important life lessons.In her first adventure, Wisteria Jane learns how to be a thoughtful friend as she hones the skill of being honest without adding the "not so nice" truths she is so tempted to share. Through Wisteria Jane's experiences, children learn important lessons about honesty, friendship, and people's feelings.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.