- Table View
- List View
Interest in coin collecting and paper money is at an all-time high, thanks in part to the new designs of modern U. S. coins and currency, the increasing market value of precious metals, and the great investment coin collecting has been in recent years. Recent reports estimate that there are over 1 million serious coin collectors in the U. S. And the U. S. Mint estimates that nearly 150 million people have collected the 50 State Quarters. The bestselling Warman's Coins & Paper Money, now in its 5th edition, is the most comprehensive, colorful, informative, and thorough identification and price guide of its kind. It covers everything from the evolution of U. S. coins and currency to the latest in minted coinage. Big, bold and informative, this invaluable tool is a must-have for collectors of all levels, whether they are children or adults, novice or experienced veterans. But this book doesn't stop at U. S. coins and currency. It also features a panoramic and full-color view of coins and currency from Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
Quick and clear answers to basic coin questions such as how coins are made, which coins are best to collect and why, and the best way to organize a collection, are delivered in this innovative and simply savvy guide.
Start your own coin collection! It's fun! Search for coins to complete your own special coin puzzle. It's affordable. Spend as little as 1 cent to start a hobby that can last you the rest of your life. And you can learn all you need to know right here. With lots of images, how-to's and handy tips, you will get all the tools you need to start your collection today. Pick up cool facts and tricks that will impress your friends and family. Learn the answers to questions like: How are coins made? What do the "P" and "D" on coins stand for? Why is it called a nickel? A Kid's Guide to Collecting Coinscan help you join the ranks of 140 million Americans who are part of the "hobby of kings"#151;coin collecting.
Access to coins and paper from around the world is at an all-time high, while prices continue to sit at higher than historical levels. With these factors working in tandem, capitalizing on opportunities, calls for insight on up-to-date information from a reliable source. With a blend of condition and grading details, updated values and full-color photos of Canadian, European, South African, African and Asians coins and paper money, this book is the perfect resource whether you're new to collecting or a seasoned collector looking for solid facts in a compact package.
Warman's Modern U. S. Coins Field GuideIt's here! A guide that covers the hottest, fastest growing area of coin collecting - modern U. S. coins. Over 500 color images and current-market pricing highlight the exploding interest in coins produced after 1982. Current pricing for modern, uncirculated coins from 1982-presentProof and mint sets, State Quarters, Westward Journey Nickels, Bicentennial Lincoln Cents, Presidential Dollars, Modern Commemoratives, and Gold and Silver Bullion coinsState-of-the-market report, advice on beginning a modern collection, and handling and storage
This handy guide will help novice and experienced coin collectors make profitable decisions about everything from pennies to dollars. Filled with 450 brilliant color photos and illustrations, advice on coin grading, detecting counterfeits, and properly handling coins and notes, this compact reference is big on information. Readers will discover details about everything from U.S. nickels, dimes and quarters, to gold coins and gold bank notes, and treasury notes, among others.
The take-it-with-you collecting resource. . . Warman's U. S. Coins & Currency Field Guide 4th Edition Featuring more than 500 color pictures and current pricing, this dynamic Field Guide to U. S. money is the most complete and compact guide on the market. You'll find: New information on 2009 and 2010 circulating issues, proof sets, uncirculated sets, America the Beautiful Quarters and Native American Dollars Content and values for coins and currency from 1809 To The present, including proof and mint sets, Lincoln Cents, Jefferson Quarters, State Quarters, Presidential Dollars and modern commemoratives Investment-grade gold and silver coins
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.