- Table View
- List View
The highlighting features of this Chemistry text book are: Scenario, Chapter Challenge, Criteria, What Do You Think?, Investigate, Chem Talk, Chem Words, Checking Up, Reflecting on the Activity and the Challenge, Chemistry to Go, Preparing for the Chapter Challenge, Challenge Assessment, Chemistry at Work and Photos and Illustrations.
Active Chemistry makes learning chemistry relevant, fun, and exciting. Chemistry is involved in every aspect of your life - from the way your body works to the things you like to do.
Book contains two units, Active Physics and Active Chemistry.
Integrated Coordinated Science for the 21st Century is an innovative core curricula assembled from four proven inquiry-based programs.
With an emphasis on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) training, Teacher Learning in the Digital Age examines exemplary models of online and blended teacher professional development, including information on the structure and design of each model, intended audience, and existing research and evaluation data. From video-based courses to just-in-time curriculum support platforms and MOOCs for educators, the cutting-edge initiatives described in these chapters illustrate the broad range of innovative programs that have emerged to support preservice and in-service teachers in formal and informal settings. "As teacher development moves online," the editors argue, "it's important to ask what works and what doesn't and for whom," They address these questions by gathering the feedback of many of the top researchers, developers, and providers working in the field today. Filled with abundant resources, Teacher Learning in the Digital Age reveals critical lessons and insights for designers, researchers, and educators in search of the most efficient and effective ways to leverage technology to support formal, as well as informal, teacher learning. "Teacher Learning in the Digital Age is a superb compilation of exemplary instructional practices utilizing digital resources. This thoughtful and practical body of work can be leveraged to propel teacher and student success in the evolution of the digital classroom and school." --Mark Edwards, superintendent, Mooresville Graded School District, North Carolina
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.