- Table View
- List View
This invaluable practitioner guide and text shows how cognitive-behavioral interventions can help people weather situations of extreme stress and build needed skills for the future. Leading authorities describe effective, time-efficient approaches to managing different types of crises those related to particular psychological problems, such as panic disorder, suicidal depression, and personality disorders; medical crises; child and family crises; and environmental and situational crises, including large-scale traumatic events. Vivid case material illustrates what the interventions look like in action and how to tailor them to individual clients' needs. New to This Edition Incorporates new empirical data and clinical innovations. Chapters addressing clinical decision making, treating law enforcement personnel, traumatic stress syndromes, and applications for working with chronic pain sufferers, aggressive youths, and victims of terrorism.
This landmark work was the first to present a cognitive framework for understanding and treating personality disorders. Part I lays out the conceptual, empirical, and clinical foundations of effective work with this highly challenging population, reviews cognitive aspects of Axis II disorders, and delineates general treatment principles. In Part II, chapters detail the process of cognitive-behavioral therapy for each of the specific disorders, review the clinical literature, guide the therapist through diagnosis and case conceptualization, and demonstrate the nuts and bolts of cognitive intervention. New to This Edition Over a decade's worth of tremendous advances in theory and practice. Chapters covering assessment procedures and issues in the therapeutic relationship, including a wealth of information on therapeutic impasses and how to overcome them. Restructured to follow a consistent format. Expanded case material.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.