- Table View
- List View
Stochastic Dynamics of Marine Structures is a text for students and reference for professionals on the basic theory and methods used for stochastic modeling and analysis of marine structures subjected to environmental loads. The first part of the book provides a detailed introduction to the basic dynamic analysis of structures, which serves as a foundation for later chapters on stochastic response analysis. This includes an extensive chapter on the finite element method. A careful introduction to stochastic modeling is provided, which includes the concepts: stochastic process, variance spectrum, random environmental processes, response spectrum, response statistics, and short- and long-term extreme value models. The second part of the book offers detailed discussions of limit state design approaches, fatigue design methods, the equations of motion for dynamic structures, and numerical solution techniques. The final chapter highlights methods for prediction of extreme values from measured data or data obtained by Monte Carlo simulation.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.