- Table View
- List View
This is the first book on counselling skills to look in detail at the practical interventions and tools used to establish the therapeutic relationship. Step-by-step, the text teaches the reader exactly how to use these skills with clients to address their concerns and achieve therapeutic change. Integrative and pluralistic in approach, the text covers the key techniques from all the major therapeutic models, placing them in their historical and theoretical contexts. Techniques covered include empathic responding, experiential focusing, Gestalt, metaphors, task-directed imagery, ego state therapy, solution focused therapy, cognitive behvioral therapy, narrative therapy and self-in-relationship therapy. The book: - presents each technique from the perspective of its underlying theory; - gives practical instruction on how to deliver each intervention; - provides extracts from counselling sessions to demonstrate the technique in action. This book is crucial reading for all trainees on counselling and psychotherapy courses or preparing to use counselling techniques in a range of other professional settings. It is also helpful for professionals who wish to acquire additional skills. Augustine Meier, certified clinical psychologist, professor Emeritus, Faculty of Human Sciences, Saint Paul University, Ottawa, Ontario and Founder and President of the Ottawa Institute for Object Relations Therapy. Micheline Boivin, certified clinical psychologist, Psychological Services of the Family, Youth and Children's Program at the Centre for Health and Social Services, Gatineau, Québec.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.