- Table View
- List View
This book presents the goals that drive the developers of the best-known peer-to-peer systems, the problems they've faced, and the technical solutions they've found. The contributors are leading developers of well-known peer-to-peer systems, such as Gnutella, Freenet, Jabber, Popular Power, SETI@Home, Red Rover, Publius, Free Haven, Groove Networks, and Reputation Technologies. Topics include metadata, performance, trust, resource allocation, reputation, security, and gateways between systems.
BEA's WebLogic Server implements the full range of J2EE technologies, and includes many additional features such as advanced management, clustering, and web services. Widely adopted, it forms the core of the WebLogic platform, providing a stable framework for building scalable, highly available, and secure applications. In fact, in the long list of WebLogic's strengths and features, only one shortcoming stands out: the documentation that comes with the WebLogic server often leaves users clamoring for more information.WebLogic: The Definitive Guide presents a 360-degree view of the world of WebLogic. Providing in-depth coverage of the WebLogic server, the book takes the concept of "definitive" to a whole new level. Exhaustive treatment of the WebLogic server and management console answers any question that developers or administrators might think to ask. Developers will find a useful guide through the world of WebLogic to help them apply their J2EE expertise to build and manage applications. Administrators will discover all they need to manage a WebLogic-based setup. And system architects will appreciate the detailed analysis of the different system architectures supported by WebLogic, the overall organization of a WebLogic domain and supporting network infrastructure, and more.WebLogic: The Definitive Guide is divided into three sections that explore WebLogic and J2EE, Managing the WebLogic Environment, and WebLogic Enterprise APIs. Some of the topics covered in this comprehensive volume include:Building web applications on the WebLogic Server Building and optimizing RMI applications Using EJBs with WebLogic, including CMP entity beans Packaging and deploying applications Understanding WebLogic's support for clustering Performance tuning and related configuration settings Configuring WebLogic's SSL support Maximizing WebLogic's security features Building web services with XML Using WebLogic's JMX services and MBeans Anyone who has struggled with mastering the WebLogic server will appreciate the thorough, clearly written explanations and examples in this book. WebLogic: The Definitive Guide is the definitive documentation for this popular J2EE application server.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.