- Table View
- List View
Good communication and interpersonal skills remain one of the enduring and fundamental characteristics of high-quality nursing and midwifery practice. This is despite major developments in our knowledge of scientific, technological and pharmacological health treatments. However, because communication is viewed as an implicit part of everyday life, the skills required for effective communication and appropriate professional interactions are often overlooked. This book provides student nurses with the essential information on communication and interpersonal skills. It clearly explores the core concepts and evidence base and is practical and accessible, helping students to gain confidence in these skills.
Leadership, management and team working have become central to the role of the nurse, as recognised in the latest NMC standards for education. This book assists students in meeting the NMC requirements, and helps them apply recent leadership and management theory to the nurse's role. It explores students' current perceptions and concerns, giving practical guidance for immediate challenges the new nurse will face: team working, delegation, conflict management and negotiation. It then considers staff development and motivation, mentoring, supervising and creating a learning environment. Later chapters explore more complex aspects such as management theory, recruitment, risk management and managing change.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.