- Table View
- List View
Good communication and interpersonal skills remain one of the enduring and fundamental characteristics of high-quality nursing and midwifery practice. This is despite major developments in our knowledge of scientific, technological and pharmacological health treatments. However, because communication is viewed as an implicit part of everyday life, the skills required for effective communication and appropriate professional interactions are often overlooked. This book provides student nurses with the essential information on communication and interpersonal skills. It clearly explores the core concepts and evidence base and is practical and accessible, helping students to gain confidence in these skills.
Leadership, management and team working have become central to the role of the nurse, as recognised in the latest NMC standards for education. This book assists students in meeting the NMC requirements, and helps them apply recent leadership and management theory to the nurse's role. It explores students' current perceptions and concerns, giving practical guidance for immediate challenges the new nurse will face: team working, delegation, conflict management and negotiation. It then considers staff development and motivation, mentoring, supervising and creating a learning environment. Later chapters explore more complex aspects such as management theory, recruitment, risk management and managing change.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.