- Table View
- List View
I know, I know. You've heard the story a million times before. Mean stepmother. Lots of sweeping. Fancy ball. You remember.Or do you?Did you remember that Cinderella was such a nice girl--so smart and funny? You probably would've liked her. Did you know that "Cinderella" was just a nickname? And that her handsome prince loved Jell-o and was a wonderful dancer?Readers will delight in following Cinderella through all the usual happenings, presented in a most unusual way. And they'll finally see what becomes of her after she marries the prince. So maybe you should hear the story one last time. Because it's actually way different than you might have thought. . . .Kids who have outgrown picture books and are ready for something longer--but still love illustrated texts--will gravitate toward this Cinderella. Black-and-white silhouettes of everything from the ugly stepsisters to Cinderella's slipper (actual size) are intermingled with Cinderella's letters to her recently deceased mother in this totally original package, written and illustrated by an exciting newcomer to children's books.From the Hardcover edition.
HERE'S A CONTEMPORARY retelling of Andersen's tale, revamped and fleshed out for today's hip tweens. As she did inCinderella (As If You Didn't Already Know the Tale),Ensor re-imagines this classic, adding her own inimitable humor, flair, and stylish black-and-white silhouette spot illustrations. Thumbelina is that story most of us can't quite remember. Okay, sure, it's about a tiny girl just the size of your thumb. But did you know that her troubles (or adventures, if you prefer) begin when she begs her mother to let her sleep outside on the porch? And that in no time she is engaged to a frog, and then a mole, and even receives a proposal from a miniature king? From the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.