I know, I know. You've heard the story a million times before. Mean stepmother. Lots of sweeping. Fancy ball. You remember.Or do you?Did you remember that Cinderella was such a nice girl--so smart and funny? You probably would've liked her. Did you know that "Cinderella" was just a nickname? And that her handsome prince loved Jell-o and was a wonderful dancer?Readers will delight in following Cinderella through all the usual happenings, presented in a most unusual way. And they'll finally see what becomes of her after she marries the prince. So maybe you should hear the story one last time. Because it's actually way different than you might have thought. . . .Kids who have outgrown picture books and are ready for something longer--but still love illustrated texts--will gravitate toward this Cinderella. Black-and-white silhouettes of everything from the ugly stepsisters to Cinderella's slipper (actual size) are intermingled with Cinderella's letters to her recently deceased mother in this totally original package, written and illustrated by an exciting newcomer to children's books.From the Hardcover edition.
HERE'S A CONTEMPORARY retelling of Andersen's tale, revamped and fleshed out for today's hip tweens. As she did inCinderella (As If You Didn't Already Know the Tale),Ensor re-imagines this classic, adding her own inimitable humor, flair, and stylish black-and-white silhouette spot illustrations. Thumbelina is that story most of us can't quite remember. Okay, sure, it's about a tiny girl just the size of your thumb. But did you know that her troubles (or adventures, if you prefer) begin when she begs her mother to let her sleep outside on the porch? And that in no time she is engaged to a frog, and then a mole, and even receives a proposal from a miniature king? From the Hardcover edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.