Medical Terminology: An Illustrated Guide, 7e by Barbara Janson Cohen uses a stepwise approach to learning medical terminology. Part 1 describes how medical terms are built from word parts; Part 2 introduces body structures, diseases, and treatments; and Part 3 describes each body system. Individual chapters also build on knowledge in stages: the Key Terms sections list the terms most commonly used; more specialized terms are included in a later section entitled "Supplementary Terms."<P> The current edition includes a robust student ancillary package delivered under the PASSport to Success brand, with assessment exercises, chapter quizzes, and searchable text online, and a complete suite of instructor resources. The addition of PrepU as a packaging option provides a powerful value to students - the online study experience helps them to understand and retain course information and helps instructors to better assess what their students may be struggling with.
This widely read classic is an excellent primer on normal and abnormal anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, basic microbiology, chemistry, and the human disease process. With a new design and a robust new multimedia electronic ancillary package, this Eleventh Edition will be even more engaging and understandable for students with diverse learning styles. This edition's new artwork includes real dissection photographs from Rohen's Color Atlas of Anatomy, Sixth Edition. New Disease in Context case scenarios integrated throughout each chapter show how content is applied to real-life situations. Icons direct students to relevant electronic materials.
Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease is a textbook for introductory-level health professions and nursing students who need a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology, the interrelationships between structure and function, and the effects of disease on body systems.
The Study Guide for Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease, 12th edition, helps students learn foundational concepts in anatomy and physiology required for success in allied health occupations. It will be more effective when used in conjunction with the 12th edition of Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease. The Study Guide may also be used to supplement other textbooks on basic anatomy and physiology.
Designed to accompany Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease, Eleventh Edition, this Study Guide provides students with additional self-study aids to help reinforce the material in the text. These self-study aids include chapter overviews, writing exercises, color atlas and labeling exercises, concept maps, practical applications, matching exercises and other question formats such as multiple choice, completion, true-false, and short essays.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.