- Table View
- List View
This widely read classic is an excellent primer on normal and abnormal anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, basic microbiology, chemistry, and the human disease process. With a new design and a robust new multimedia electronic ancillary package, this Eleventh Edition will be even more engaging and understandable for students with diverse learning styles. This edition's new artwork includes real dissection photographs from Rohen's Color Atlas of Anatomy, Sixth Edition. New Disease in Context case scenarios integrated throughout each chapter show how content is applied to real-life situations. Icons direct students to relevant electronic materials.
Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease is a textbook for introductory-level health professions and nursing students who need a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology, the interrelationships between structure and function, and the effects of disease on body systems.
The Study Guide for Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease, 12th edition, helps students learn foundational concepts in anatomy and physiology required for success in allied health occupations. It will be more effective when used in conjunction with the 12th edition of Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease. The Study Guide may also be used to supplement other textbooks on basic anatomy and physiology.
Designed to accompany Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease, Eleventh Edition, this Study Guide provides students with additional self-study aids to help reinforce the material in the text. These self-study aids include chapter overviews, writing exercises, color atlas and labeling exercises, concept maps, practical applications, matching exercises and other question formats such as multiple choice, completion, true-false, and short essays.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.