- Table View
- List View
A Heart UnconqueredWidowed Saxon Lady Ediva Dunmow will do anything to protect her people-even marry one of the invading Norman knights. The king sees it as a way to keep Ediva, her lands and her tenants subdued. But Ediva's embittered heart, still healing from the abuse of her first husband, will not yield so easily.Marriage never held any appeal for Adrien de Ries. Yet it is his king's will, and perhaps his Lord's, too-though he finds his faith tested daily by Ediva's staunch refusal to trust him. As a knight, Adrien survived many battles, but the fight to win Ediva's heart may be his most challenging-and rewarding.
Who killed the bride and groom?Everyone thinks it was "that troublemaker," Peta Donald. Gossips say she came home to stop the wedding. That jealousy led her to murder. No one on Northwind Island believes that Peta has changed since her youth. And nothing has changed in town. Peta is still shunned by everyone. Everyone except Lawson Mills, whose appearance on the island is as mysterious as the double murders. Peta is sure he has an ulterior motive for helping clear her name. Full of questions about another set of murders, Lawson is secretive about himself. Until they discover what's behind Peta's deadly homecoming. . .
No one left the cult without paying a price. Kaylee Campbell had tried to rescue her sister, only to fall prey to the threats of the leader, Noah Nash. After two horrific years, her faith shaken, she managed to break free. But when her sister was murdered in retaliation, Kaylee couldn't ignore her guilt and doubt. Now, on Kaylee's doorstep, there's a mystery man who looks very much like Noah, desperate for the help she's quick to deny him. And he says he can help her in return -- if together they brave a perilous, faith-affirming road.
in sympathy for Zane. They were both searching for their family. In a way, she'd found a kindred spirit. "I'm sorry, Zane." "It's all right. I've built a good business here in Montana, and searching for my brother is something I do when I have the time. I have even less information on him than you have on your mother so I always knew I might never find him." "So you're back to square one now?" "I have one much weaker lead out there, but I'm not expecting anything to come of it. Like I said, I may never find him." He watched her as if he was also looking for understanding. Her heart lurched. He was hurt, too. He was struggling to find a connection with his past. And like her, he might never find his family. * * * PROTECTING THE WITNESSES: New identities, looming danger and forever love in the Witness Protection Program. Twin Targets-Marta Perry, January 2010 Killer Headline--.Debby Giusti, February 2010 Cowboy Protector-Margaret Daley, March 2010 Deadly Vows-Shirlee McCoy, April 2010 Fatal Secrets-Barbara Phinney, May 2010 Risky Reunion-Lenora Worth, June 2010
He took the fallHunter Gordon had pleaded guilty to a crime he hadn't committed. And served ten long years in prison. All to save the family who had taken him in: beautiful Rae Benton and her father. But right before Rae's father died, he revealed his daughter was in danger. Hunter had to keep her safe. How was he supposed to get close? Rae didn't know the truth and blamed him for the loss of all she held dear. Hunter would have to earn Rae's trust--without ever telling her what really happened a decade ago.
His life as a U. S. marshal was something Pastor Ian McNeal had left behind until he's asked to care for little Charlie Troop. The boy witnessed a terrible crime and hasn't spoken since--except to his Auntie Liz, the one adult he trusts. Ian just wants to find the truth, something only Charlie can reveal. But Charlie isn't talking, and Liz is determined to protect Charlie against anyone who'd hurt, frighten or pressure him, including Ian. Yet with a killer dead set on making sure Charlie never speaks again, a protector like Ian is just what Liz and Charlie need.
There was only one way out for Helen Eastman: Fake her own death and start over, far from harm's way. But her plans were jettisoned one night by a stranger who posed a more intimate peril. He was seductive bad-boy cop Nick Thorndike, the last man on earth she should trust.When he rescued her from the storm-tossed cliff, Nick had no idea Helen would turn out to be a key witness in his undercover investigation...and an irresistible temptation. He might not be the shining knight of her dreams, but he was determined to prove-to them both-that the safest haven of all was in his arms....
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.