Does God have plans for your family beyond accumulating stuff in a large house in a nice suburb? How can moms and dads establish a home where God's presence blesses each relationship and biblical principles shape the future? Brief chapters written by popular radio personalities Dennis and Barbara Rainey -- such as "Pray with Your Mate," "Train Your Disciples," "Sink Your Roots," and "Give Your Children You" -- set out a clear, workable master plan for a dynamic, God-pleasing family. This and future titles in the series will deliver down-to-earth advice, encouraging stories, timely insights, and life-changing truths for leaving a godly family legacy.
Dennis and Barbara Rainey, founders of Family Life, help couples establish the important daily habit of praying together, offering personal stories and answering questions about the dynamics of prayer. Daily entries -- including a short devotion, questions for reflection, and a prayer -- take husband and wife through topics related to prayer, spiritual growth, and key marital issues. "Sweetheart, let's pray. " In the press of daily living, preserving a private moment to pray with and for your life-partner can be tough. Yet joining hearts before God is the single most transforming, intimate experience in marriage-a simple act that will fill your life, your relationship, and your home with wondrous love. A time to listen, a time to touch, a time to connect with what matters. Dennis and Barbara Rainey tell how a decision to pray together daily strengthened their understanding of one another, reduced conflict, and knit their hearts together in a deep, spiritual bond. Their thirty days of reflections can do the same for your relationship--starting today!
Over half of all marriages end in divorce. We hear stories all the time about what went wrong. But how often do we hear about what goes right in the marriages of couples who stay together? Here is a collection of wisdom and insight on what makes a marriage work over the long haul-and what makes couples able to stand up and affirm that "they still do" after all these years. Featuring popular speakers from the "I Still Do" rallies and marriage conferences sponsored by FamilyLife, this upbeat collection will inspire couples everywhere to remain committed to the sacred covenant of marriage. Contributors to We Still Do include: Dennis and Barbara Rainey, Dan Allender, Bob Lepine, Gary and Barbara Rosberg, Joseph Stowell, Rod Cooper, Crawford and Karen Loritts, Tim and Darcy Kimmel, Dr. Gary Chapman, Steve Farrar, Gary Smalley, and many more. Also includes study guide for group or individual use.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.