- Table View
- List View
A guide to designing and implementing personalized curricula for students with moderate to severe disabilities. The assessment model described provides a framework for pinpointing educational priorities, planning instruction in specific areas, and evaluating student progress. Strategies presented are teacher-friendly and data-based, and emphasize the values of self-determination, multicultural awareness, and educational accountability. Includes case studies, sample assessments, inventories of key skills, and descriptions of instructional resources, plus reproducible forms. Browder teaches special education at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Get Untied from Your Past Sex is like glue. Super human glue. Inside marriage, God designed it to be a bond that is powerful and unifying. Outside of marriage, the bonds of sex can be devastating. Long after the lover is gone, the bond we've created stays with us, negatively impacting our lives and future relationships. Now, through an impressive combination of Scripture and scientific research, Barbara Wilson shows how God designed us to be uniquely bonded through sex. But even more so, she concentrates on the tangible hope that is yours. This book will equip you not only to break those bonds, but to embrace a new, abandoned, wise, and thankful heart. You've had sex. But now sex has you. It's a past that haunts the present. Sabotaged relationships, low self-esteem, sexual dysfunction, an empty spiritual life. Sex will bind you up and tie you down. Why? It's just sex. But "just sex" means your body, soul, mind, and spirit have become one with another. Released from a past of her own, Barbara Wilson now combines scientific research with Scripture to offer striking new insights about what sexual bonding is, why it is harmful, and how to move freely into your future. Complete with a study guide for group or personal use, The Invisible Bond is your hands-on tool for changing not your past...but your life. "Barb's honesty and vulnerability will inspire you to let God do in your life what He has done in hers, mine, and millions of other lives. He has set us free from self-defeating guilt and shame, helped us embrace our sexuality rather than fear it, and taught us how to enjoy genuinely healthy, intimate relationships. If that sounds appealing to you, then you hold the right book in your hands." Shannon Ethridge Bestselling author of the Every Woman's Battle series Story Behind the BookAs abstinence director and educator for a Sacramento pregnancy center, Barbara Wilson talks to wounded and bleeding hearts every day. They've lost the war on sexual purity and the daily consequences are their reality. All they want is hope--hope that they can be free from the pain and shame that their past drags into their present and future. This book reveals the negative impact of sexual bonding and offers steps to freedom from past sexual and emotional bonds. But even more, it offers new direction for the free heart, and how to embrace an abandoned, overflowing life!From the Trade Paperback edition.
Do you ever wonder why marriage can seem like the end of intimacy and sexual desire instead of the beginning? Ever wonder why it was so hard to resist sex before marriage-and so easy to resist it now? If so, you're not alone! Many married women genuinelywantto feel more desire toward their husbands...and can't figure out what went wrong. But there's good news. InKiss Me Again,Barbara Wilson shows how powerful "invisible bonds" from past relationships can cause heartache, disappointment, and distance for couples in the present. Then-with sensitivity, honesty, and hope-Barbara walks you step by step toward healing...and a rekindling of the closeness and passion with your husband that you really want. You don't have to live any longer with confusion, disappointment, resentment, or shame. You can rediscover desire. You can sayWow!again.
From a well-known authority, this comprehensive yet accessible book shows how state-of-the-art research can be applied to help people with nonprogressive memory disorders improve their functioning and quality of life. Barbara Wilson describes a broad range of interventions, including compensatory aids, learning strategies, and techniques for managing associated anxiety and stress. She reviews the evidence base for each clinical strategy or tool and offers expert guidance on how to assess patients, set treatment goals, develop individualized rehabilitation programs, and conduct memory groups. The book also provides essential background knowledge on the nature and causes of memory impairment.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.