- Table View
- List View
For undergraduate and graduate courses in Counseling Ethics, Legal Issues in Counseling; a supplement for Introduction to Counseling, Practicum, or Internship courses. From two leading scholars in the field of counseling, and written specifically for the future practicing counselor, this comprehensive volume offers an in-depth examination of the counseling profession. The authors approach each professional issue in counseling from both an ethicalanda legal point-of-view, offering readers a complete, integrated exploration of all facets. Difficult issues are addressed in a straightforward manner, and practical, realistic advice is proffered through vignettes that showcase typical situations and dilemmas faced by practicing counselors.
Through a visually appealing design, The Human Body in Health and Illness, 3rd Edition describes complex concepts in a more simplified way and applies them to patient care. Aimed at students whose background in science is limited, the text assumes the reader has no previous knowledge in biology, chemistry, or physics and makes the information easy to read and understand. The text includes unique cartoons that use humor to make learning the content more enjoyable. The book also employs a body-systems approach to discuss the basic concepts of anatomy and physiology, building up from simple to complex topics. Original, full-color cartoons and illustrations complement the text and reinforce the content, making it accessible and user-friendly. The books logical, step-by-step presentation begins with a basic discussion of the human body and cellular structure and moves toward genetics and the greater complexity of the human organism. Do You Know boxes briefly cover many interesting issues appropriate to anatomy and physiology, including pathophysiology and historical background information. Disorders of the _____ System tables include specific disorders related to individual body systems. As You Age boxes describe how aging affects human anatomy and physiology. Sum It Up! content provides reinforcement and summary of key topics. New chapters on the autonomic nervous system, blood vessel anatomy, and blood vessel circulation take a deeper look into the areas of human anatomy and physiology. The companion Panorama of Anatomy and Physiology/Body Spectrum CD-ROM simplifies the process of learning medical terminology with 80 detailed anatomy illustrations to study, plus quizzes, movie clips, fun facts, and information on careers in the field of A & P.
The Human Body in Health and Illness, 4th Edition makes it fun to learn anatomy & physiology. Clear, step-by-step explanations provide all the information you need to know, so concepts are easy to understand even if you have a limited background in the sciences. Written by well-known educator Barbara Herlihy, the book begins with a basic discussion of the human body and cellular structure and moves toward genetics and the greater complexity of the human organism. It breaks down complex concepts and processes into digestible chunks, and new features such as Re-Think and Go Figure! help you apply what you've learned to common problems in patient care. Unique! Original, colorful cartoons use humor to reinforce content, making it more accessible and user-friendly. Original, full-color illustrations complement the text and simplify both fundamental and complex concepts. Key terms are listed in chapter openers and defined in the glossary. A summary outline at the end of each chapter provides a useful study tool. Review Your Knowledge questions at the end of each chapter include multiple-choice and matching Unique! Do You Know boxes discuss pathophysiology issues or provide a historical connection to A&P. Unique! Disorders of the System tables summarize specific disorders related to individual body systems for easy reference. Sum It Up! reinforces and summarizes key topics. As You Age boxes describe how aging affects human anatomy and physiology. An updated Evolve companion website provides access to post-tests, animations, an audio glossary, and additional Do You Know vignettes. Re-Think sections ask you to review concepts and apply what you've learned. Unique! Ramp It Up! boxes connect material in the text to the clinical setting and your future career. Unique! Build-a-Word boxes help you learn and build upon new medical terminology. Unique! Go Figure! features ask you to reexamine diagrams, reinforcing the key points of each one. Unique! Bridges to Nursing Assessment Labs on the companion Evolve website bridge the gap between A&P theory and clinical application.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.