- Table View
- List View
Four novelas about spells, witches etc.
60 brief essays show that life is like a boomerang in that our views, deeds and words return to us to some extent.
If you need a fresh breath of joy in your life, Barbara Johnson's 365 Day Devotional will help you look for "life's little sparkles," even in the midst of life's most crippling sorrows. Love and hilarity bubble through these pages in equal doses as Barbara dispenses her unique blend of wisdom and zaniness to help thousands of hurting readers learn to laugh again. This daily devotional features a scripture passage and encouraging thought all wrapped up in Barbara's trademark style of offering firsthand advice about handling life's hardest hurts, while dispensing infectious laughter and outrageous joy.
Barbara Johnson shows from real-life examples, how to put life's path into a blissful Christian perspective. She gives a different perspective to view the world, which often seems thorny and difficult.
"They say the best way to grow old is not to be in a hurry about it, and Lord knows, I've put it off for as long as I could." says humorist and encourager Barbara Johnson. But old age happens... with little or no effort on our part.
In a collection of stories, quips, and quotes that only Barbara Johnson could conceive, readers will laugh at the zany, unforgettable surprises of being a mother. Mothers-they've seen it all-the good, the bad, and the hilarious. And now they're talking about it. Best-selling author, speaker, and all-around funny lady, Barbara Johnson continues her tradition of serious hilarity with a humorous look at the joys of motherhood. A collection of stories, quotes, and anecdotes that help moms forget the stress and frustration of unmade beds and a fast-food lifestyle, "Humor Me, I'm Your Mother" is the perfect book that will soon have them giggling, chuckling, and laughing out loud.
Barbara Johnson writes from her own personal experience and the letters she has received from hundreds of hurting women. She shares hope and wit to cheer parents in desperate circumstances.
Laughter from Heaven is a joyful reminder of the wonderful life awaiting us in heaven. With her humorous approach to all life's circumstances, Barbara wants her readers to catch a light-hearted look at the hereafter. Filled with hope and encouragement, this book is sure to become a favorite of many women who long for a sense of joy in the midst of everyday struggles. In classic Barbara Johnson style, these hilarious pages will show you how to put life's trials into heavenly perspective. She hopes you will find encouragement through your difficulties, renewal for your spiritual doldrums, and laughter when you think you'll never laugh again. Similar in nature to her best-selling title Humor Me, this delightful look at heaven reveals it as a place that will be not only without pain, but will actually be fun! Jokes, stories, cartoons and Barbara's famous one-liners make this another joy-filled book that all her fans will love. Picture captions and descriptions present.
Between the years of childbearing and grandparenting, a woman has a lot to juggle! Barbara Johnson shows how the road from marriage to menopause is filled with more than a few potholes . . . but provides women with more than enough hope and humor to make it through the journey.
For women, this is one of Barbara Johnson's most unique books. With her zany collection of observations about "life between the Blue Lagoon and Golden Pond," Barbara jumps right in, showing women how to survive growing older with courage and joy.
Weaving together various texts--biblical passages, philosophy, poems, novels, opera, and movies, the book explores how the story of Moses has been appropriated, reimagined, and transmitted across cultures and historical moments.
Pack Up Your Gloomies is filled with bittersweet stories of Barbara's journey through the minefields of life, and her wise and encouraging responses to letters from hurting parents. Each chapter ends with a laughter-packed collection of Gloomie Busters.
Best-selling humorist Barbara Johnson is back - and getting back to her roots - with a candid look at life and discovering joy in the midst of trials, including her own unexpected battle with cancer.
Barbara Johnson's approach to life is positive, uplifting, therapeutic and fun. Splashes of Joy offers an invigorating spurt of encouragement and a gentle reminder to splatter joy into the lives of others.
This is the book that started it all for the Geranium Lady! Sharing her own difficult experiences, Johnson proves that while pain is inevitable, misery is optional. If you need a fresh breath of joy in your life, this book is just the prescription for you. Barbara Johnson can help you look for "life's little sparkles," even in the midst of life's most crippling sorrows.
366 daily devotions provide a yearlong celebration of faith.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.