- Table View
- List View
The small fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster, has for over a century now had a large impact on biological and biomedical research; however, our knowledge of the fly brain has lagged significantly behind our understanding of other aspects of its development, physiology, and function. In The Making and Un-Making of Neuronal Circuits in Drosophila, innovative expert neuroscientists in the field present the ideas and concepts behind the methods, tools, and tricks that are currently being utilized to decode the secrets of this valuable insect's brain. Focused on the concept of a neuronal circuit, defined as a series of synaptically connected neurons subservient to a particular behavioral modality, this volume contains chapters dealing with anatomical analysis with a focus on cellular and sub-cellular morphologies. These detailed approaches fall under the headings of "Physiology" and "Behavior", conveniently divided the book into two sections. Written in the easy-to-follow Neuromethods series format, this work provides the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results. Inventive and accessible, The Making and Un-Making of Neuronal Circuits in Drosophila provides the information and tools necessary to carry out current experiments and, more importantly, further advance the progress of the Drosophila neurobiology field and neurobiology in general.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.