The small fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster, has for over a century now had a large impact on biological and biomedical research; however, our knowledge of the fly brain has lagged significantly behind our understanding of other aspects of its development, physiology, and function. In The Making and Un-Making of Neuronal Circuits in Drosophila, innovative expert neuroscientists in the field present the ideas and concepts behind the methods, tools, and tricks that are currently being utilized to decode the secrets of this valuable insect's brain. Focused on the concept of a neuronal circuit, defined as a series of synaptically connected neurons subservient to a particular behavioral modality, this volume contains chapters dealing with anatomical analysis with a focus on cellular and sub-cellular morphologies. These detailed approaches fall under the headings of "Physiology" and "Behavior", conveniently divided the book into two sections. Written in the easy-to-follow Neuromethods series format, this work provides the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results. Inventive and accessible, The Making and Un-Making of Neuronal Circuits in Drosophila provides the information and tools necessary to carry out current experiments and, more importantly, further advance the progress of the Drosophila neurobiology field and neurobiology in general.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.