- Table View
- List View
From America's bestselling cowboy poet and NPR commentator Baxter Black comes the sequel toHey, Cowboy, Wanna Get Lucky? Two years after he won the average at the Las Vegas National Finals Rodeo by riding Kamikaze, the world's most unridable bull, Lick is down on his luck, working on a ranch in the remote Nevada desert with Al Bean, an ornery old cowboy. When Teddie Arizona, woman of mystery, crawls out of the wreckage of her plane and into their lives with a $5,000,000 secret, things start to get interesting. When T. A. 's "husband," F. Rank Pantaker, dispatches his henchmen to retrieve the money--and the girl--Lick and Al find themselves trying to outrun the bad guys and protect a damsel in distress. Is T. A. out to cheat her cheatin' husband, or is she really just trying to stop an illegal scheme cooked up by F. Rank and the infamous Ponce de Crayon, Vegas's most glamorous tiger tamer? Is she playing Lick--or is it love? Will Al Bean's cockeyed plan, an able assist from Cody, Lick's cowboy sidekick, a brigade of old-time rodeo reunioneers, and twenty miles of duct tape be enough to stop F. Rank's nefarious schemes, reform a career party girl, and change the hearts and minds of ten of the world's most thrill-seeking billionaires? Can Cody keep Lick from climbing onto raging bull Kamikaze's back one more time? Can true love triumph over shoot-outs at the not-so-okay corral and close encounters with white tigers? Hey, this is Baxter Black--what do you think? With its colorful cast of characters, rip-roaring humor, and inventive language, this caper will have you riding high long after it gallops to a thunderously satisfying conclusion.
Baxter Black, the world's bestselling cowboy poet, author ofCactus Tracks & Cowboy Philosophy, and public radio's favorite former large animal veterinarian, is back in the saddle with a hilarious new roundup of essays, commentaries, and campfire verse that speaks to the cowboy soul in each of us. Drawn in part from Baxter's wildly popular NPR commentaries and syndicated columns,Horseshoes, Cowsocks & Duckfeetoffers a generous helping of his tender yet irreverent, sage-as-sagebrush take on everything from ranching, roping, Wrangler jeans, and rodeos to weddings and romance, the love of a good dog, dancing, parenting, cooking up trouble, and talking about the weather. If you haven't ridden with Baxter before, find out what more than a million dedicated fans are laughing about inside and outside the corral.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.