- Table View
- List View
This is the book that high school calculus teachers have been wanting for a long time. Totally revised from its first edition, this book completely reflects the content, goals, and philosophy of the new advanced placement course description. In both the ordering of topics and the rich applications of calculus to real-world situations, this text can be used without supplementation to totally prepare students for the advanced placement exam.
The esteemed author team is back with a fourth edition of Calculus: Graphing, Numerical, Algebraic written specifically for high school students and aligned to the guidelines of the AP Calculus exam. The new edition focuses on providing enhanced student and teacher support; for students, the authors added guidance on the appropriate use of graphing calculators and updated exercises to reflect current data. For teachers, the authors provide lesson plans, pacing guides, and point-of-need answers throughout the Teachers Edition and teaching resources. Learn more.
This study text contains Foundations for Algebra, Equations, Inequalities, Functions, Linear Functions, Systems of Equations and Inequalities, Exponents and Polynomials, Factoring Polynomials, Quadratic Functions and Equations, Data Analysis and Probability, Exponential and Radical Functions, and Rational Functions and Equations.
The book contains chapters on Foundations for Functions, Linear Functions, Linear Systems, Matrices, Quadratic Functions, Polynomial Functions, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions, Rational and Radical Functions, Properties and Attributes of Functions, Conic Sections, Probability and Statistics, Sequences and Series, Trigonometric Functions and Trigonometric Graphs and Identities.
This book has many features designed to help New York students study geometry effectively.
First course math book for California students.
The Texas edition of Holt Mathematics contains many tools that you can use to become an independent learner of mathematics.
Topics covered in this book: integers, rational numbers, proportional relationships, graphs, functions, percents, geometric figures, measurement, probability, multi-step equations and inequalities.
Holt Mathematics Course 2 provides many opportunities for you to prepare for the New York State Math Test.
A textbook for Texas students to learn mathematics.
This Mathematics text book for Course 3 contains chapters on: Principles of Algebra, Rational Numbers, Graphs, Functions, and Sequences, Exponents and Roots, Ratios, Proportions, and Similarity, Percents, Foundations of Geometry, Perimeter, Area, and Volume, Data and Statistics, Probability, Multi-Step Equations and Inequalities, Graphing Lines, Sequences and Functions and Polynomials.
The topics described in the Standards for Mathematical Content will vary from year to year. However, the way in which you learn, study, and think about mathematics will not. The Standards for Mathematical Practice describe skills that you will use in all of your math courses. These pages show some features of your book that will help you gain these skills and use them to master this year's topics.
This textbook is closely aligned to the Tennessee Mathematics Standards for Geometry.
Math textbook for Tennessee students.
Math textbook for middle-schoolers.
This course 3 Mathematics book guides a student on methods of solving mathematical problems.
In order to be a good problem solver, you need to use a good problem-solving plan. The plane used in this book is detailed below. If you have another plant that you like to use, you can use it as well.
In this Seventh Edition of Precalculus, a book that is designed for instructors and written for students, the authors encourage graphical, numerical, and algebraic modeling of functions as well as a focus on problem solving, conceptual understanding, and facility with technology.
In this new edition of Precalculus,Seventh Edition, the authors encourage graphical, numerical, and algebraic modeling of functions as well as a focus on problem solving, conceptual understanding, and facility with technology. They responded to many helpful suggestions provided by students and teachers in order to create a book that is designed for instructors and written for students. As a result, we believe that the changes made in this edition make this the most effective precalculus text available today.
This textbook helps students truly understand the fundamental concepts of algebra, trigonometry, and analytic geometry, foreshadows important ideas of calculus, and shows how algebra and trigonometry can be used to model real-life problems.
This seventh edition of Precalculus, designed for instructors and written for students, encourages graphical, numerical, and algebraic modeling of functions as well as problem solving, conceptual understanding, and facility with technology.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.