- Table View
- List View
The original story of the vampire Count Dracula, written by Bram Stoker. In the Afterword, editor Beth Johnson gives a history of the author and explains the purpose of some editing that was done to the original edition. While this version is slightly revised, it wouldn't be considered as changed for adaptive or abridged readers.
In the words of the text's best-selling author, John Langan, "Grammar books can be really dull. But they don't have to be. English Essentials is a new text that makes grammar, punctuation, and usage interesting--with pictures, stories, and activities students will enjoy. " The affordable price, ease of use, and simple, familiar language distinguish this engaging text from others on the market.
"Abuse" is an ugly word, and to many people, abuse is an ugly reality of life. This book tells the stories of two men and two women whose lives have been painfully marked by abuse. As a child, Kenyon was beaten first by his mother, later by his father and stepmother. Dawn grew up surrounded by abusive people, then married a violent man. Ryan's stepfather terrorized his entire family, physically and emotionally. Eunice was only a child when an adult relative targeted her for sexual abuse. The things that Kenyon, Dawn, Ryan, and Eunice experienced could have destroyed them inside. But that's not what happened. Read Surviving Abuse to learn how people can grow strong and healthy even after suffering at the hands of others."
Voices and Values is suitable for reading and/or writing classes, the book provides a series of forty lively and thought-provoking essays that will compel student attention.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.