- Table View
- List View
Family-style dining is back in style and has been re-imagined by one of the most prominent chefs in Hawaii, James Beard Award nominee Beverly Gannon.On the road to Haleakala, Maui's most famous dormant volcano, is one of the island's favorite destinations--where a laid-back atmosphere and top-flight menu welcome both residents and tourists. Developed from the restaurant's ever-popular repertoire, this all-new recipe collection is scaled for sit-down family suppers, lunches, and brunches, with built-in expandability for impromptu gatherings or full-on entertaining. Ingredient substitutions are included to help move dishes from the kitchen to the table with ease, and leftovers are skillfully adapted into future meals. Recipes are organized by the days of the week, based on a schedule Gannon's mother used, and are interwoven with charming family anecdotes. "Even if you're not from the islands, the vibrant flavors will awaken your senses." --Food Network"Just like its chef, [the] Hali'imaile General Store is warm, charming, and inviting. What better atmosphere to enjoy the wonderful array of creative dishes? Dining at the store definitely adds one more reason to visit paradise." --Nobu MatsuhisaFrom the Hardcover edition.
Set on a pineapple plantation in up-country Maui, the Hali'imaile General Store has lured travelers for over a decade with its down-home, island-style cooking. Critics and diners rave about chef Beverly Gannon's rustic, hearty fare, and the restaurant is a fixture on "Best of Maui" lists. THE HALI'IMAILE GENERAL STORE COOKBOOK enables readers to bring the spirit of Maui and its landmark restaurant into their own kitchen with over 100 recipes, accompanied by Beverly's warm, chatty narrative. For all those locals and out-of-towners who've begged Beverly for recipes over the years, she has this to say: "Well, folks, here's the book! And I hope every single copy gets food-stained, dog-eared, and, most of all, enjoyed."
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.