- Table View
- List View
Family-style dining is back in style and has been re-imagined by one of the most prominent chefs in Hawaii, James Beard Award nominee Beverly Gannon.On the road to Haleakala, Maui's most famous dormant volcano, is one of the island's favorite destinations--where a laid-back atmosphere and top-flight menu welcome both residents and tourists. Developed from the restaurant's ever-popular repertoire, this all-new recipe collection is scaled for sit-down family suppers, lunches, and brunches, with built-in expandability for impromptu gatherings or full-on entertaining. Ingredient substitutions are included to help move dishes from the kitchen to the table with ease, and leftovers are skillfully adapted into future meals. Recipes are organized by the days of the week, based on a schedule Gannon's mother used, and are interwoven with charming family anecdotes. "Even if you're not from the islands, the vibrant flavors will awaken your senses." --Food Network"Just like its chef, [the] Hali'imaile General Store is warm, charming, and inviting. What better atmosphere to enjoy the wonderful array of creative dishes? Dining at the store definitely adds one more reason to visit paradise." --Nobu MatsuhisaFrom the Hardcover edition.
Set on a pineapple plantation in up-country Maui, the Hali'imaile General Store has lured travelers for over a decade with its down-home, island-style cooking. Critics and diners rave about chef Beverly Gannon's rustic, hearty fare, and the restaurant is a fixture on "Best of Maui" lists. THE HALI'IMAILE GENERAL STORE COOKBOOK enables readers to bring the spirit of Maui and its landmark restaurant into their own kitchen with over 100 recipes, accompanied by Beverly's warm, chatty narrative. For all those locals and out-of-towners who've begged Beverly for recipes over the years, she has this to say: "Well, folks, here's the book! And I hope every single copy gets food-stained, dog-eared, and, most of all, enjoyed."
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.