- Table View
- List View
Power. Speed. Agility. Pride. These are just a few of the reasons why bodybuilding has become the fastest growing sport in America. From gymnasts to football players, from golfers to boxers, athletes everywhere now are working out with weights to maximize their performance and their lives. And you can, too, thanks to one man and one book: Arnold Schwarzenegger and his Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. Across the country and around the world it's recognized as the definitive source on the subject -- the "bible of bodybuilding. "Now, fifteen fantastic years after that first publication, Arnold is ready to teach and motivate a new generation of athletes with this fully updated and revised New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. Inside, Arnold covers all the very latest advances in both training and competition, with new sections on diet and nutrition, the treatment and prevention of injuries, and methods of training, each illustrated with detailed photos featuring bodybuilding's newest stars. Plus, all the features that made this book a classic are still here. You'll find every facet of bodybuilding, from the history of the sport to a complete analysis of the muscles in the body, including Arnold's tips on how to strengthen, sculpt, and define each and every muscle to create the ultimate balanced physique. Encompassing every stage of your development, the encyclopedia outlines specific training programs for basic, advanced, and competition-level bodybuilders. You'll get expert advice on everything, from what equipment the beginner should use to complete career and competition strategies for the elite bodybuilder. Whether it's your first time in the gym or you're a pro bodybuilder competing in a top event, Arnold's inside advice on training and exercise will help you achieve your best. Then, once you're ready, The New Encyclopedia of Modern Body building will prepare you for the intense psychological warfare of professional competition. Applying his experience as the only seven-time Mr. Olympia, as well as his monumental success as an international film star, Arnold shares his secrets about dedication, training, and commitment that will allow you to take control of your body and reach your ultimate potential.
From elite bodybuilding competitors to gymnasts, from golfers to fitness gurus, anyone who works out with weights must own this book -- a book that only Arnold Schwarzenegger could write, a book that has earned its reputation as "the bible of bodybuilding." Inside, Arnold covers the very latest advances in both weight training and bodybuilding competition, with new sections on diet and nutrition, sports psychology, the treatment and prevention of injuries, and methods of training, each illustrated with detailed photos of some of bodybuilding's newest stars. Plus, all the features that have made this book a classic are here: Arnold's tried-and-true tips for sculpting, strengthening, and defining each and every muscle to create the ultimate buff physique The most effective methods of strength training to stilt your needs, whether you're an amateur athlete or a pro bodybuilder preparing for a competition Comprehensive information on health, nutrition, and dietary supplements to help you build muscle, lose fat, and maintain optimum energy Expert advice on the prevention and treatment of sports-related injuries Strategies and tactics for competitive bodybuilders from selecting poses to handling publicity The fascinating history and growth of' bodybuilding as a sport, with a photographic "Bodybuilding Hall of Fame" And, of course, Arnold's individual brand of inspiration and motivation throughout Covering every level of expertise and experience, The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding will help you achieve your personal best. With his unique perspective as a seven-time winner of the Mr. Olympia title and all international film star, Arnold shares his secrets to dedication, training, and commitment, and shows you how to take control of your body and realize your own potential for greatness.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.