- Table View
- List View
This authoritative guide to building an independent consulting practice takes a look at one of the fastest-growing areas of small business, Kintler offers expert advice on all aspects of starting and running a consulting practice, from choosing a target market to setting fees for services. Two-color illustrations.
As a manager, you're sandwiched between the pressure of senior executives and the demands of your own staff members. The last thing you need is an unruly employee whose chronic "negaholic" attitude upsets your office applecart and affects the morale of your entire staff. Managing Difficult People gives you the tools you need to cope with all kinds of difficult employees. From sneaky slackers to resident office tormentors, this handy guide cuts to the chase, helping you identify and deal with specific personality types such as: # The Bully # The Complainer or Whiner # The Procrastinator # The Know-It-All # The Silent Type # The Social Butterfly # The "No People Skills" Person # The Rookie # The Overly Sensitive Person # The Manipulator It's time to take charge of all the difficult situations that come your way. Follow these positive, proactive guidelines for targeting telltale behaviors, and put an end to office strife once and for all!
The authoritative guide to building an independent consulting practice! Streetwise Independent Consulting is your one-stop resource for starting, running, and growing a consulting business. From finding new prospects, to writing proposals, to setting your pricing, this book has it all.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.