- Table View
- List View
The first diet that will help you feel good while losing weight written by a respected nutritionist and author of the bestselling books Power Eating and Power Food. Dr. Kleiner is a leading nutrition authority on eating for strength who has put together a diet that has already been successfully tested in a Seattle weight-loss group and documented in a series by the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. This book proves that you can choose healthy foods that both make you feel great and, when eaten according to the plan, help you lose weight. Most diets cause chemical changes in the brain that make the dieter feel depressed. The typical plan is often too low in calories. In THE GOOD MOOD DIET the participants eat feel-good foods with both ideal timing and ideal combinationsa balance of protein and fats to go with carbohydrates. Eating from a list of feel-good foods, including fish, flax seed and eggs, and eliminating feel-bad foods including refined sugar, helps dieters feel better and lose weight. However, sweets and alcohol are not taboo.Eating a bit of chocolate and drinking a glass of red wine a day is okay once youre two weeks into the diet.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.