- Table View
- List View
Disillusioned SAS veteran Matt Logan is struggling on civvy street. The life he dreams of can be his - if he takes a private security job with the American commander who ended his military career. But when a seemingly random act of terror destroys everything Matt holds dear, the only way to settle the score is to sell his soul. Matt returns to the murky world of Black Ops. But this time, he's not part of an elite crew. To find and kill an elusive insurgent leader, he must go undercover in Pakistan to single-handedly unravel a jihadist network more complex than he realizes and closer than he knows. Stalked by fundamentalists and Pakistani intelligence, Matt ends up a pawn in a conspiracy to redraw the boundaries of global power; a secret war that is ripping a nation apart. But not the one he thinks . . . From ex-SAS soldier and bestselling author Bob Shepherd comes an action thriller torn from tomorrow's headlines. A heart-pumping journey through the breeding grounds of Islamic terrorism, The Good Jihadist combines the intrigue of a spy novel with all the adrenaline you'd expect from an elite warrior turned writer.
When Islamic militants infiltrate an elite British counter-narcotics programme, disaster is averted thanks to SAS veterans John Patterson and Dusty Miller. But when fallout from the affair threatens to topple the West's fragile Afghan alliance and expose failings inside the UK's new crime fighting agency, John and Dusty suddenly find themselves on the wrong side of the law.Alone and on the run, one place on earth holds the key to their innocence: Nuristan, a remote Afghan province and notorious terrorist haven. But their journey to freedom will thrust them deeper into the Afghan conflict than they ever imagined. Battling hostile terrain and Islamic fighters, John and Dusty emerge the unlikely champions of an ancient community torn apart by al-Qaeda and western forces. From Bob Shepherd, ex-SAS soldier and bestselling author of The Circuit, comes an adventure inspired by Rudyard Kipling's The Man Who Would Be King. An action-packed tale of honour, betrayal and tribalism, The Infidel is thrilling, poignant and deeply relevant to one of the bloodiest conflicts of our time.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.