- Table View
- List View
Disillusioned SAS veteran Matt Logan is struggling on civvy street. The life he dreams of can be his - if he takes a private security job with the American commander who ended his military career. But when a seemingly random act of terror destroys everything Matt holds dear, the only way to settle the score is to sell his soul. Matt returns to the murky world of Black Ops. But this time, he's not part of an elite crew. To find and kill an elusive insurgent leader, he must go undercover in Pakistan to single-handedly unravel a jihadist network more complex than he realizes and closer than he knows. Stalked by fundamentalists and Pakistani intelligence, Matt ends up a pawn in a conspiracy to redraw the boundaries of global power; a secret war that is ripping a nation apart. But not the one he thinks . . . From ex-SAS soldier and bestselling author Bob Shepherd comes an action thriller torn from tomorrow's headlines. A heart-pumping journey through the breeding grounds of Islamic terrorism, The Good Jihadist combines the intrigue of a spy novel with all the adrenaline you'd expect from an elite warrior turned writer.
When Islamic militants infiltrate an elite British counter-narcotics programme, disaster is averted thanks to SAS veterans John Patterson and Dusty Miller. But when fallout from the affair threatens to topple the West's fragile Afghan alliance and expose failings inside the UK's new crime fighting agency, John and Dusty suddenly find themselves on the wrong side of the law.Alone and on the run, one place on earth holds the key to their innocence: Nuristan, a remote Afghan province and notorious terrorist haven. But their journey to freedom will thrust them deeper into the Afghan conflict than they ever imagined. Battling hostile terrain and Islamic fighters, John and Dusty emerge the unlikely champions of an ancient community torn apart by al-Qaeda and western forces. From Bob Shepherd, ex-SAS soldier and bestselling author of The Circuit, comes an adventure inspired by Rudyard Kipling's The Man Who Would Be King. An action-packed tale of honour, betrayal and tribalism, The Infidel is thrilling, poignant and deeply relevant to one of the bloodiest conflicts of our time.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.