- Table View
- List View
In this delicious tale, a baker hangs out his shingle on a small street, and soon, the line for his doughnuts stretches down the block. But it's not long before the competition arrives and a battle of the bakers ensues. In the competitive frenzy, both bakers' doughnuts become "quite bizarre, like Cherry-Frosted Lemon Bar, and Peanut-Brickle Buttermilk, or Gooey Coca- Mocha Silk!" Some are not even very tasty: "Donuts made with huckleberry (don't be scared, they're kind of hairy)." One day, Debbie Sue, just barely two, enters the bakery, and searches in vain for her favorite doughnut, where the choice of donuts left her dazed. Said Debbie Sue, "But I want ... glazed." A fun lesson in keeping it simple in which our hero chef decides to go back to the basics, and wins over the whole town.
How-dee! My name's Big Blue Bill, and I'm a truck. I've got 18 big wheels turning, 600 horses under the hood, and 53 feet o' trailer hangin' on behind . . . So begins a book that introduces all types of trucks (with names such as Bony Tony and Leif the Logging Truck), narrated by a good ol' boy semi-truck! Lively text and bold, colorful artwork of hip, anthropomorphic trucks will transport young readers down highways, into a truck stop, and onto a construction site.
Truck fans will love this collection of three high-octane Little Golden Books: I'M A TRUCK; THE HAPPY MAN AND HIS DUMP TRUCK; and I'M A MONSTER TRUCK.
LOOK! A boot! A fruit! A crossing guard newt! Once AGAIN a seek-and-find, MORE images of every kind! From a music note to a teeny red boat, a blue kangaroo to a robot or two, there are endless things to discover in this zany follow-up to Look! A Book! from award-winning artist Bob Staake. Die cuts on the cover and every spread reveal hidden treasures in each vast landscape, from a zoo gone wild to an out-of-this-world moon base to a crazy art museum, and more, providing hours of entertainment to readers young and old.
Award-winning author-illustrator Bob Staake has created a rollicking picture book about a boy and his most unusual pet! Most pets are cats and dogs, but what happens when a boy wants a different kind of pet, one that doesn't meow or bark? Bob Staake's exuberant tale of a little boy and the pet of his dreams will appeal to anyone whose best friends are . . . books! Books make the perfect pets, the boy decides, and chooses a bright red one. When it goes missing, a lively adventure is in store for readers who love a happy ending. Soon kids everywhere will wish for a pet book of their very own.
Centipede has one hundred feet. One hundred feet means one hundred shoes. How in the world does Centipede choose shoes? This Math Reader clearly demonstrates the concepts of pairs and multiple sets, all in simple, rollicking, rhythmic text and with bright, graphic illustrations.
On the ground and in the air,/Robots, robots everywhere!Up in space, beneath the seas,/Robots make discoveries . . .So begins this rollicking Little Golden Book featuring robots of all kinds, from ones up in space to the ones we use at home. With bold, colorful artwork by award-winner Bob Staake, it's a perfect introduction to the fascinating subject of today's real robots!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.