- Table View
- List View
In this delicious tale, a baker hangs out his shingle on a small street, and soon, the line for his doughnuts stretches down the block. But it's not long before the competition arrives and a battle of the bakers ensues. In the competitive frenzy, both bakers' doughnuts become "quite bizarre, like Cherry-Frosted Lemon Bar, and Peanut-Brickle Buttermilk, or Gooey Coca- Mocha Silk!" Some are not even very tasty: "Donuts made with huckleberry (don't be scared, they're kind of hairy)." One day, Debbie Sue, just barely two, enters the bakery, and searches in vain for her favorite doughnut, where the choice of donuts left her dazed. Said Debbie Sue, "But I want ... glazed." A fun lesson in keeping it simple in which our hero chef decides to go back to the basics, and wins over the whole town.
How-dee! My name's Big Blue Bill, and I'm a truck. I've got 18 big wheels turning, 600 horses under the hood, and 53 feet o' trailer hangin' on behind . . . So begins a book that introduces all types of trucks (with names such as Bony Tony and Leif the Logging Truck), narrated by a good ol' boy semi-truck! Lively text and bold, colorful artwork of hip, anthropomorphic trucks will transport young readers down highways, into a truck stop, and onto a construction site.
Truck fans will love this collection of three high-octane Little Golden Books: I'M A TRUCK; THE HAPPY MAN AND HIS DUMP TRUCK; and I'M A MONSTER TRUCK.
LOOK! A boot! A fruit! A crossing guard newt! Once AGAIN a seek-and-find, MORE images of every kind! From a music note to a teeny red boat, a blue kangaroo to a robot or two, there are endless things to discover in this zany follow-up to Look! A Book! from award-winning artist Bob Staake. Die cuts on the cover and every spread reveal hidden treasures in each vast landscape, from a zoo gone wild to an out-of-this-world moon base to a crazy art museum, and more, providing hours of entertainment to readers young and old.
Centipede has one hundred feet. One hundred feet means one hundred shoes. How in the world does Centipede choose shoes? This Math Reader clearly demonstrates the concepts of pairs and multiple sets, all in simple, rollicking, rhythmic text and with bright, graphic illustrations.
On the ground and in the air,/Robots, robots everywhere!Up in space, beneath the seas,/Robots make discoveries . . .So begins this rollicking Little Golden Book featuring robots of all kinds, from ones up in space to the ones we use at home. With bold, colorful artwork by award-winner Bob Staake, it's a perfect introduction to the fascinating subject of today's real robots!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.