- Table View
- List View
Two people are found murdered in the aftermath of a freak Colorado earthquake. When Detective Eileen Reed and her partner are called to investigate, they are confronted with a frightening connection between the murders and the tremors--and the possibility that the earthquake was not an act of God. As more quakes shock the San Luis Valley, a sinister plot of government conspiracy and man-made mayhem unravels.
When a computer war game at a high-security military complex ends in the brutal death of a programmer, a homicide cop and a CIA analyst follow a trail of clues through a maze of international intrigue and treachery--and learn that one murder was only the beginning. The author of this debut novel is a former "war gamer" from the Pentagon.
WHEN TORIN SINCLAIR'S mom gets a job as the town doctor in Snow Park, Colorado, Tor can't wait to learn to snowboard. But on Tor's first night there, a member of the high school snowboarding team dies. "It's the curse," everyone whispers. Tor's new friends Drake and Raine explain that there's an old Native American curse on the doctors of the town. Snow Park can never get a doctor to stay. Tor and his friends must piece together a mystery involving an old mine, a Ute curse, the entire snowboarding team--who just might be blood doping in order to win competitions-- and an attempt to save the wild river otters of Colorado. But to complete the puzzle, will Tor have to ride the deadly White Gates? And how will he survive the avalanche that follows? From the Hardcover edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.