- Table View
- List View
Required reading for anyone starting, running, or growing a business, Business Ratios and Formulas, Second Edition puts answers at the fingertips of business managers, with nearly 250 operational criteria and clear, easy-to-understand explanations that can be used right away. The Second Edition includes approximately fifty new ratios and formulas, as well as new chapters covering ratios and formulas for e-commerce and human resources.
Today's controllers are no longer seen as technicians who process transactions; they are now seen as business executives with a wide-ranging knowledge of total business operations, best practices, and corporate strategy. Providing a comprehensive overview of the roles and responsibilities of controllers in today's environment, this Eighth Edition of Controllership continues to provide controllers and vice presidents of finance with all aspects of management accounting from the controller's perspective, including internal control, profit planning, cost control, inventory, and financial disclosure.
Discover the tools for knowing the costs your company should cut, without impacting its ability to deliver goods and services New from Steve Bragg, this book provides the tools for determining which costs a company should cut, without impacting its ability to deliver goods and services. It explains how to use throughput analysis in order to locate bottleneck operations in a company, which in turn dictates where capital investments should (and should not) be made. Delves into process analysis, to determine where excess resources are being used in a business process Describes the total cost of ownership, showing how a single purchasing decision actually snowballs into a variety of ancillary costs Shows how to create and use a spend management system to reduce procurement costs Shows how just-in-time systems can be used to eliminate inventory costs Cost Reduction Analysis: Tools and Strategies provides examples to show how much cost can potentially be eliminated to avoid drastic action later that can imperil your corporation's direction and future.
Filled with pragmatic insights, proactive strategies, and best practices, The New CFO Financial Leadership Manual, Second Edition is destined to become your essential desktop companion. This thorough guidebook is essential reading for the CFO requiring an overview of strategies, measurement and control systems, financial analysis tools, funding sources, and management improvement tips.
The all-new fast-reference problem solver for controllers The Vest Pocket Controller is the handy pocket problem-solver that gives today's busy executives and accountants the helpful information they need in a quick-reference format. Whether in public practice or private industry, professionals will always have this reliable reference tool at their fingertips because it easily goes anywhere-to a client's office, on a business trip, or to an important lunch meeting. Covers management areas a controller is likely to encounter Easy-to-use Q & A format offering hundreds of explanations supported by a multitude of examples, tables, charts, and ratios Other titles by Bragg: Running an Effective Investor Relations Department: A Comprehensive Guide, Accounting Best Practices, Sixth Edition, and Just-in-Time Accounting, Third Edition Packed with practical techniques and rules of thumb for analyzing, evaluating, and solving the day-to-day problems every controller faces, The Vest Pocket Controller helps you quickly pinpoint what to look for, what to watch out for, what to do, and how to do it.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.