- Table View
- List View
Transforming Societies after Political Violence explores the relationship between the individual and the political and social contexts in which victims or survivors of violence find themselves. The book delves into the complex interplay between individual psychological processes and macro-political interventions such as truth commissions. During times of political transition, it is vital that there exists a bridge between what takes place at the national or political level and the personal experience of the victim or survivor of political violence. This is where the work in and around transitional justice processes--undertaken by policymakers, survivors themselves, and those working to assist or support them--can be of great benefit. Supporting victims, once they are ready, to be active agents within their environment is critical. In short, the book demonstrates how dealing with the legacy of individual experience of violence and collective processes of peacebuilding can be better integrated to make a lasting peace in societies in transition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.