- Table View
- List View
With his Full Figured series, Carl Weber brings together some of Urban Books' hottest authors to entertain readers with their stories about the lives and loves of beautiful full-figured women. When Desa Rae Jenkins ended her tumultuous relationship with Roc, it seemed like the appropriate thing to do; but now she's second-guessing her decision. Roc moved away to Kansas City, leaving street life back in St. Louis up to the brothas who can handle it. He continues to live his life on the edge, though, and when he returns to St. Louis, Desa Rae shows up at his doorstep to reconcile. Roc is reluctant to go there with the one woman who ripped his heart from his chest. He's determined not to let Desa Rae wiggle her way back in, but this full-sized diva is a heavy-hitter who won't give up without putting up a good fight. Win or lose, she refuses to back down, but with Roc's baby mama still in the way, there can be only one winner. When Malika Williamson hired Travis Ingram, she never imagined that he'd be doing a lot more than just maintaining the company's computer system. Not only has he ignited a fire in Malika's heart, but his mere presence causes backstabbing, confusion, and sexual tension at the office. Malika finds herself transformed from upstanding and happily married to an oversexed, overheated adulteress. Will this full-figured beauty be able to control the passion that threatens to destroy everything she's worked so hard to achieve?
You've seen them in print before, and their books are hot, hot, hot! Now see what Edd McNair, Keisha Ervin, and Brenda Hampton can do when they join forces to bring you three stories in the latest installment of Girls From da Hood. "Queen Pynn" by Keisha ErvinBeing married to notorious gangsta rapper Sean Pynn isn't as glamorous as it appears to be. Behind closed doors, Queen is dealing with knock-down drag-out fights, verbal abuse, and neglect. When her bodyguard, Ahsim, comes into the picture, things change in a hurry. "Trick, Don't Treat" by Brenda HamptonWhen a man thinks his woman is cheating, he keeps tabs on her. When a woman thinks her man is cheating, she calls Jakki. Rochel "Jakki" Thomas's way of catching a man in the act is a little risky, but she's worth every penny. "Breaking Down a Brickhouse" by Edd McNairNiecy Brickhouse and her twin sister are living the glamorous life--until Naquel is shot by their older sister's boyfriend. Everyone is calling it a suicide, but Niecy knows the painful truth about her sister's death, and it sets her on a dangerous, self-destructive path. Will she be able to overcome her depression, or will her new life on the streets be the death of Niecy?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.