- Table View
- List View
Crocheters will satisfy their hunger for unique small projects with formerCrochet Todayeditor Brett Bara'sClever Crocheted Accessories. Brett, the former editor ofCrochet Today, collected 25 delightful, practical pieces that make perfect gifts-though you may be tempted to keep them all to yourself! The ideal curator, Brett shares a first-rate lineup of projects. Whether you are a beginner or experienced crocheter, there is something for everyone: hats and caps, including a cloche, porkpie hat, and tam; scarves, shawls, and cowls, from chunky to drapey to snug; eye-catching mittens and arm warmers; delicate lace socks and cozy man-slippers; flirty bags; and sparkly jewelry. Each piece is designed with standout details so that even the simplest pattern has that "wow" factor by showcasing lust-worthy yarn, an unexpected technique, or a fun embellishment. Techniques you'll discover include Tunisian crochet, broomstick lace, and Bruges lace. The all-star roster of designers includes Robyn Chachula, Doris Chan, Mari Lynn Patrick, Regina Gonzalez, Drew Emborsky, Linda Permann, Kristin Omdahl, Ellen Gormley, Cal Patch, Pamela Wynne, Linda Cyr, and Vickie Howell.
In just one weekend and using one skill, sewing straight, an entire world of sophisticated, but easily doable projects is open to you. Just about anyone can sew a straight line. And with that simple skill and some basic guidance, crafty expert Brett Bara demonstrates how you can make custom home decor, stylish fashions and one-of-a-kind gifts. "Sewing in a Straight Line" is a step-by-step guide to creating 28 deceptively simple projects that look like they came from a chic boutique, far more impressive than you would expect for such little effort! These easy-to-make items offer quick gratification that even the busiest among us will appreciate. From a flirty two-hour miniskirt to the cutest plush toys, many of the projects take only a spare afternoon. With step-by-step illustrations, clear instructions and loads of helpful hints and customisation ideas, "Sewing in a Straight Line" will quickly make a sewing enthusiast out of anyone.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.