- Table View
- List View
The Missouri Group's clear and authoritative step-by-step approach comes from years in the field and in the classroom. Through extensive contemporary examples and dependable, no-frills advice, the Missouri Group teaches students the reporting and writing skills they need to become effective journalists in every medium and for every beat. The ninth edition of News Reporting and Writing addresses students' greatest challenges by providing more writing help than ever before. It prepares students for the realities of today's news rooms with the most contemporary coverage of new trends in journalism including convergence, citizen journalism, and researching online. A reinvigorated new text design emphasizes what's important, increases ease of navigation, and makes salient features and examples quicker and easier to find.
It's a tumultuous time in journalism as media forms evolve and new models emerge. There are few clear answers, but no one is more prepared than The Missouri Group to tackle these issues head on and to teach students the core, enduring journalism skills they need to succeed -- whether they write for the local paper, a professional blog, cable news, or even work in public relations.
The way journalists work and how the public gets its news have changed dramatically. The media landscape has evolved and converged, and to succeed, journalism students must learn the fundamentals of journalism -- how to research, write, and tell a great story -- and use these skills in an increasingly digital world. The Missouri Group continues to offer the best coverage of the basics while keeping pace with the trends in the field. In Telling the Story, 5th edition, The Missouri Group goes even further with concise, how-to coverage of the new journalistic skills that take advantage of new technologies -- from blogging to researching online, to using social media and conducting online interviews.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.