- Table View
- List View
WE'RE KNEE DEEP-- ARE YOU SHOVEL READY? Politicians who say anything and do nothing . . . People lamenting Constitutional rights they don't have . . . Protesters equating everyone to Hitler . . . Teeth-gritting partisans! Tax-evading congressmen! Fact-evading Americans! If you're incredibly disenchanted, if you feel that this great country of ours is suffering from chronic bullsh*t at the federal, state, and local levels, good news: Not only are you in good company, but here's a book to make you feel a little bit better-- THE B. S. OF A.! Whether you voted for "hope" in 2008, or "change" in 2010, odds are you're feeling a tad despondent. Here at last is a straight-talking, partisan-busting look at politics from humorist Brian Sack, who mercilessly pokes fun at The B.S. of A. with a double helping of objectivity and wit, pulling no punches and giving partisans, politicians, and their politics a well-deserved shellacking. The B.S. of A. takes full advantage of our poorly understood First Amendment to fearlessly cut through the bull on both sides of the aisle and ask serious questions: Why does this enormous country have only two real parties? How does a bad idea become a terrible law with a misleading name? How can you identify the Seven Habits of Highly Partisan People? What's the deal with this Constitution thing people keep citing? Can we stop comparing people we don't like to Hitler? You'll find a handy glossary to thoroughly expand your political vocabulary. And, perhaps most important, you're guaranteed to finish this book with a complete understanding of how to solve America's biggest issues--including gun control and abortion!* The B.S. of A.: You're in it, so get to know it. *Actually, these issues can't be solved. Their complexity was misunderestimated.
When Brian Sack's mother passed away, he was left with a letter and a pink cardigan. The cardigan was promptly placed in a drawer, but the letter was pure gold. In just a few pages of fancy cursive, her posthumous dispatch offered the kind of guidance you would expect from a mother to her young son. And while he didn't necessarily follow all the advice, he never forgot how very important those words--and that letter--were to him. Decades later, on the verge of parenthood himself, Brian decided to write something for his own child, wanting a legacy, and not just a pink cardigan, to leave to his son. But far from the usual collection of advice, Brian has written a sharp, sage, warts-and-all survival guide to life. With quick wit and self-deprecating honesty, Sack draws from his experiences, tapping them for the humor within. Holding nothing back, he: Gives the skinny on relationships--don't let the woman you love wander alone in France Commiserates about the death of the meritocracy--wanting to sing doesn't mean you can Recounts his awkward entry into fatherhood--you'll overcome your aversion to poo Offers firsthand advice--avoid any bipolar lady with a drug-sniffing wonder-cat And argues that the Empire State Building is not a phallic symbol--no matter what the professor said Every chapter takes on subjects ranging from the universal and mundane to the life changing and inevitable. With its funny and heartfelt musings from a father to a son, In the Event of My Untimely Demise is a delightful life primer for all of us.
The comedic minds behind TheBlaze TV's hit show The B. S. of A. with Brian Sack bring you their hilarious vision of Christmas Future-or possibly sooner. What happens when the Scrooge-iest Washington politicians take on the jolliest soul of all time? Can a scandal-plagued administration distract the American public by bringing Santa to his knees? Can a bumbling bureaucracy destroy the reputation of the most popular man in the Northern Hemisphere? Spoiler alert: YES! And faster than you can say ho-ho-ho! This is the sad story of the real war on Christmas-and how the NSA, IRS, OSHA, and every other acronym in Washington came gunning for the man in red with everything they've got: two-thousand page reports on the environmental impact of reindeer farts . . . unionized elves . . . suspicious audits . . . character assassination . . . and all the other cruel and unusual tactics of an out-of-control government. Yes, Virginia, there was a Santa Claus. This is his story.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.