A lost kitten arrives at Emily Elizabeth's house, and Clifford is jealous. Clifford the big red dog may not be able to to the same things the kitten can, but Emily Elizabeth loves Clifford! Picture descriptions present.
Clifford's enthusiasm knows no limits when Emily Elizabeth takes her big red dog to Sports Day.
The New girl next door thinks her big dog Bruno does the best tricks. She is jealous when she sees Emily's giant red dog is at least 20 times bigger than her Bruno. The girls have a dog trick contest between their pets. Bruno fetches the paper, and Clifford brings the whole paper stand and the man who works there. Bruno looks cute and floppy when he plays dead. Clifford looks really dead. Bruno barks a nice arf but Clifford's Bow wow brings scared angry neighbors and police to investigate the great noise. When Clifford rolls over he rolls so fast he smashes anything in his way. Everyone is happy when he does his best trick by saving lives, but at the end of the story each girl is still sure her doggie is the smartest. The silly, colorful pictures have been described by the validator because they add fun to the story. This is a perfect book to read aloud to young children. Blind readers reading the picture descriptions will know what their sighted children are seeing. Beginning blind readers can read the narrative while their parents read the picture descriptions to them.
The Big Red Dog helps children learn their numbers while they have fun at the same time.
Originally published in English as Clifford's First Show Day
Little girl witches are just like you and me. Read about how a little girl witch spends her days with her family, going to school and playing with friends.
The story is about a good witch who lives in a good neighborhood.
What does a witch do on Christmas Eve? Why, she rescues Santa Claus, of course!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.