The first book to identify and explore Creative Intelligence as a new form of cultural literacy and a method for driving innovation and sparking start-up capitalism The world is quickly changing in ways we find hard to comprehend. Conventional methods of dealing with problems have become outmoded. To be successful, one can't just be good; one must also be a creator, a maker, and a doer. In Creative Intelligence, innovation expert Bruce Nussbaum charts the making of a new literacy--Creative Intelligence, or CQ. From corporate CEOs trying to parse the confusing matrix of global business to K-12 teachers attempting to reach bored kids in classrooms, Nussbaum shows how CQ can become a powerful method for devising solutions and a practical antidote to uncertainty and complexity. It's a skill set that explorers have tacitly used for eons but that is explicitly revealing its secrets to us only now. Nussbaum investigates how people, organizations, and nations are learning to be more creative, and the ways in which those groups are enhancing their CQ. He offers five new creative competencies--Knowledge Mining, Framing, Playing, Making, and Pivoting--to help individuals and organizations learn to create routinely and well. Smart and eye-opening, Creative Intelligence helps boost creative capacity and inspires us to connect our creative output with a new type of economic system called Indie Capitalism, where creativity is the source of economic value; entrepreneurs drive growth; and social networks are the building blocks of the economy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.