- Table View
- List View
Class Acts is your hall pass to great kids' books! In this sampler, New York Times bestselling authors Tim Green (Football Genius), Dan Gutman (The Genius Files), Gordon Korman (Ungifted), Adam Rex (The Cold Cereal Saga), and Jon Scieszka (Guys Read) are teaming up with other stellar middle-grade authors: Bryan Chick (The Secret Zoo), Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson (The Familiars), Christopher Healy (The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom), Nils Johnson-Shelton (Otherworld Chronicles), Jeramey Kraatz (The Cloak Society), Christopher Krovatin (Gravediggers), and Maryrose Wood (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place). Preview twelve awesome books, get hooked on favorite series, and decide for yourself which author is "best in class."
Something strange is happening at the Clarksville City Zoo. Late at night, monkeys are scaling the walls and searching the neighborhood-- but what are they looking for? Noah, his sister Megan, and their best friends, Richie and Ella, live next door to the zoo. Megan is the first to notice the puzzling behavior of some of the animals. One day Megan disappears, and her brother and their friends realize it's up to them to find her. Their only choice is to follow a series of clues and sneak into the zoo. But once inside, will they discover there's much more to the Clarksville City Zoo than they could ever have guessed?
The fifth book in the action-packed mystery adventure series The Secret Zoo, about a group of middle school friends who discover a hidden zoo in their very own neighborhood In book five, Noah and his friends must venture into the forbidden sector of the Secret Zoo. The evil DeGraff--enemy of the Secret Zoo--is holding Noahs friends captive in the off-limits section of the secret zoo, a never-ending maze of aquariums. The scouts are determined to save their friends, but each tank they travel through takes them farther from safety. Noah, Megan, Richie, and Ella must summon all their courage if they are going to succeed. An entertaining and fast-paced series thats perfect for reluctant readers and will appeal to fans of Dan Gutman, Michael Buckley, and Andrew Clements. School Library Journal says, "Fans of fantasy, animal fiction, and adventure will enjoy this fast-moving story. "
Noah, Megan, Richie, and Ella are the Action Scouts; friends whose tree house overlooks the Clarksville City Zoo. When they discover a magical world hidden within the zoo, they are swept away on an adventure in which penguins can fly, a mysterious figure lurks in the shadows, and the scouts are enlisted to help Mr. Darby, who is in charge of the Secret Zoo. But will the scouts be able to fight against the dangerous sasquatches who have escaped the zoo and threaten their town? There's only one way to find out if the four friends training as Crossers can help save the Secret Zoo.
"We will need you as Crossers, and we will need you not only to be brave-but to be fearless." Mr. Darby paused, giving the scouts time to digest his words. Then he continued. "I want you to think before answering. Can you accept this challenge?" Only weeks after their return from the Secret Zoo, Noah and his friends must go back-and face their biggest challenge yet. With monstrous sasquatches freely attacking the denizens of the zoo and the evil Shadowist at large, the fate of the world is at stake. As Crossers, Noah, Megan, Richie, and Ella would help protect the zoo from these dangers. But do they have what it takes to complete their training? And what other secrets are hiding in the shadows?
On Halloween night, Noah and his friends must battle terrifying sasquatches that have attacked their own elementary school. Little do they know the sasquatches are a trap! When DeGraff captures three of Noah's friends, can the kids ally with their rivals in order to save every person and animal in the zoo--all while dodging the town's police? An entertaining and fast-moving series that's perfect for reluctant readers and will appeal to fans of Dan Gutman, Michael Buckley, and Andrew Clements. School Library Journal said, "Fans of fantasy, animal fiction, and adventure will enjoy this fast-moving story."
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.