- Table View
- List View
With a focus on safety and the integrity of the outdoors, The Complete Book of Fire: Building Campfires for Cooking, Warmth, Light, and Survival initiates the novice as well as informs the experienced. Integrating the history, ecology, and science of fire with practical aspects of campfires such as cooking and warmth, author Buck Tilton has created the ultimate guide to properly building, enjoying, and extinguishing campfires.
Sex in the Outdoors says it all! If you enjoy - or strive to have the opportunity to enjoy - sex in the vast outdoors, then you've laid hands on the ultimate resource. Benefits include: increased self-esteem; increased awareness of bears and other critters; increased fitness of necessary body parts; increased awareness of possible partners; increased interest in getting it; increased chance of getting it; increased chance of getting away with it. Whether you want it, someone you know wants it, or you have a sex-starved niece or nephew who needs it - Buck Tilton's Sex in the Outdoors promises to deliver the intimate yet practical information all sex-crazed outdoor folks need to know, whether they know they need to know or not.
Wilderness First Responder is a comprehensive text for the recognition, treatment, and prevention of emergencies happening in the wild. It's essential reading for wilderness instructors, trip leaders, guides, search and rescue groups, and anyone who works or plays far from definitive medical care. This invaluable resource includes expert, step-by-step instructions, clear illustrations, and "Signs and Symptoms" sidebars designed to help you provide immediate - whenever you are more than an hour away from an ambulance or a hospital. You'll learn how to conduct a patient assessment, improvise when ideal materials are not handy, and decide whether or not to evacuate a patient. Learn how to assess and treat: Airway obstructions Cardiac arrest External and internal bleeding Shock Spine injuries Head injuries Chest injuries Abdominal injuries Fractures and dislocations Athletic injuries Soft-tissue injuries Cold-or heat-induced injuries.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.