- Table View
- List View
Have you ever wanted to know how modern digital communications systems work? Find out with this step-by-step guide to building a complete digital radio that includes every element of a typical, real-world communication system. Chapter by chapter, you will create a MATLAB realization of the various pieces of the system, exploring the key ideas along the way, as well as analyzing and assessing the performance of each component. Then, in the final chapters, you will discover how all the parts fit together and interact as you build the complete receiver. In addition to coverage of crucial issues, such as timing, carrier recovery and equalization, the text contains over 400 practical exercises, providing invaluable preparation for industry, where wireless communications and software radio are becoming increasingly important. A variety of extra resources are also provided online, including lecture slides and a solutions manual for instructors.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.