- Table View
- List View
Henry (St. Anthony's College, Oxford, UK) collects 26 papers coming out of the interdisciplinary faculty seminars on racial inequality, poverty, and antipoverty policy in the United States conducted at Yale's Institution for Social and Policy Studies over the course of the 1990s. Papers consider connections between income inequality and economic inequality, measurement issues of inequality and poverty, structural causes of African American poverty, differential impact of skills on earnings, crime and poverty in inner cities, factors militating against progress for African Americans, welfare and familial hardship, and economic community development policies. Many of the papers are prescriptive in nature, while others explore policy experiences and impacts from the 1960s to 2000. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.