- Table View
- List View
All Reyna Mills ever wanted was to be accepted and loved. That's why she patterned her life according to the will of those who claimed to have her best interests at heart: an unassuming mother, a controlling pastor, and an elusive God. After "godly" advice leaves her beaten, humiliated, and handcuffed in the backseat of a police car, Reyna decides it's time to do things her way. She's determined that she no longer needs anyone, especially God, but her sudden change of heart leads her down a delusional path that just might destroy her. Will the relationship Reyna once had with God be enough to pluck out the root of bitterness and resentment before the enemy totally consumes her? What will it take for Reyna to realize that the love and acceptance she has been longing for is right in front of her?Wanda B. Campbell is the author of six awarding-winning Christian Fiction novels. Wanda is a two-time winner of the Urban Reviews Top Shelf Book Award, two-time winner of Coffee Time Romance's Critical Review Award, and a three-time Black Expressions Book Club Bestselling Author. She has appeared on the BCNN1/BCBC National Bestselling List multiple times and was nominated at the 2011 African American Literary Awards Show in the Christian Fiction category. A mother of three, she resides in the San Francisco Bay area with her husband. She is currently pursuing her bachelor's degree in biblical studies.
For five years, Pamela Roberts, has balanced the demands of being a single mother and a devoted Christian. She unselfishly places the needs of her son, Matthew, above her own. Although she tries to convince everyone that she's happy with Jesus alone, Matthew handpicks the perfect present for her--a husband. Everything about the man her son chooses is perfect, except for his past. Micah Stevenson is excited when he learns the son of the woman he has been praying about wants him to join their family permanently. Believing Pamela Roberts is his soul mate sent from God, Micah pursues her. Once he is certain of her love for him, Micah reveals his dark history, shaking the foundation of the once loving and stable relationship. Trust is broken as judgments and prejudices threaten to deny the couple's destiny. Will the man he used to be prevent Pamela from loving Micah for the man he is now?
Ordained Minister Wanda B. Campbell (Illusions) serves up another strong story of loss and redemption sure to invoke a sense of joy and hope that no matter how bad things get, there's always a "silver lining. "?The "honeymoon glow" isn't even off blushing new bride Marlissa Scott-Jennings' face when the dark demons of inadequacy emerge from her past. The pressure of living a dream existence with prominent physician Kevin is a life she doesn't feel worthy of. So she soon finds solace in alcohol, which seems, to her, to quiet the insecurities of her soul. But her drinking and the behavior it sparks is ruining her marriage, and soon Kevin's had enough. . . . 'Leon Scott had everything a man could hope for-a beautiful wife, Starla, a loving family, a thriving business. But when his younger brother's murdered, the pain is unbearable, and he, like Marlissa, takes refuge in a bottle. It isn't long before he sabotages his business and his family life, even though his dearest wish is to get back on track again. An unlikely pair, Marlissa and Leon meet up one night and make a pact to work together to stay sober and win their loved ones back-even if Kevin and Starla seem to have moved on without them. . . .
Stacelyn thought her life was complete the day she married Dr. Derrick Garrison. The fairytale life she envisioned quickly vanishes, however, when Derrick's late nights and unexplained absences cause her to question his motives for marrying her. As secrets from the past and emotional wounds are revealed, Stacelyn discovers the hard way that it takes more than love to build a marriage. Alone and bitter after Derrick's sudden departure, Stacelyn is forced to face hard truths about the man she married. In the process, she discovers her own unresolved issues. Will the revelations drive her to her knees, or send her seeking comfort from the enemy?Wanda B. Campbell is a graduate of Western Career College in San Leandro, California. She has spent the past twenty years serving the public through the public healthcare system in Alameda County. As an ordained elder, she conducted couples ministry for more than ten years along with her husband, and is currently pursuing her bachelor's degree in biblical studies.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.