- Table View
- List View
"In this extraordinary cookbook, you'll find traditional American favorites with a unique twist alongside ethnic creations from around the world. Also included are helpful tips from American Profile's test kitchen as well as 30 articles on hometown festivals and fairs across the nation that give you a sneak peek into the lives of the ordinary citizens that make up hometown America. Whether it's a simple soup for the family or a full meal for visitors, the American Profile Hometown Cookbook has just the right recipe to make any gathering a special occasion."
Gather 'round, pull up a chair, and join family, friends, and your local community to swap some of the best reader-submitted recipes from American Profile. With more than 150 cherished recipes and dozens of beautiful photographs, Hometown Get-Togethers serves up the perfect dish for your next reunion, church event, potluck supper, tailgate party, family dinner, picnic, holiday celebration, or dinner party. The editors of American Profile have compiled the nation's most savory, sweet, and all-around tasty recipes-straight from their readers and modeled after the magazine's most popular section, "Hometown Recipes." You'll find recipes that are perfect for sharing: from South-of-the-Border Breakfast Bake and Omelet in a Bag for a Crowd, to Monkey Bread and Mom's Magic Muffins; from Clam Chowder and Superb Red Pepper Soup, to Best-Ever Fried Potatoes and Cheesy Slow Cooker Corn. With Hometown Get-Togethers, friends and neighbors will be asking for your cooking secrets and your recipes when you bring one of these delectable dishes to your next gathering. American Profile, one of America's most widely circulated magazines, celebrates hometown life, and in Hometown Get-Togethers editors Candace Floyd, Anne Gillem, Nancy S. Hughes, and Jill Melton do just that.
Hometown Recipes for the Holidays invites you to pull up a chair to America's dinner table and enjoy more than 250 cherished family recipes, special memories, and dozens of beautiful photographs. You'll find the perfect dish for each of your favorite celebrations: New Year's Day, the Fourth of July, Columbus Day, Passover, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, President's Day, Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. The editors of American Profile have compiled the nation's most delicious recipes--straight from their readers--in this book, which is modeled after the magazine's most popular section, "Hometown Recipes." You'll find everything from breakfast with Grandma's Christmas Casserole and Wake-Up Casserole to the perfect additions to jazz up your buffet, such as Julia's Fresh Cranberry Relish and Aunt Peggy's Salmon Pasta Salad, to sit-down dinner options such as Almost Lasagna Zucchini Casserole and Ben's Swiss Steak. Top it all off with a decadent dessert, such as Butter Rum Cake, or something a little easier, such as No-Roll Sugar Cookies or Quick-and-Easy Family Peanut Brittle, to create an experience that your family and friends will remember for years. American Profile, one of America's most widely circulated magazines, celebrates hometown life, and in Hometown Recipes for the Holidays editors Candace Floyd, Anne Gillem, Nancy S. Hughes, and Jill Melton do just that.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.