- Table View
- List View
"In this extraordinary cookbook, you'll find traditional American favorites with a unique twist alongside ethnic creations from around the world. Also included are helpful tips from American Profile's test kitchen as well as 30 articles on hometown festivals and fairs across the nation that give you a sneak peek into the lives of the ordinary citizens that make up hometown America. Whether it's a simple soup for the family or a full meal for visitors, the American Profile Hometown Cookbook has just the right recipe to make any gathering a special occasion."
Gather 'round, pull up a chair, and join family, friends, and your local community to swap some of the best reader-submitted recipes from American Profile. With more than 150 cherished recipes and dozens of beautiful photographs, Hometown Get-Togethers serves up the perfect dish for your next reunion, church event, potluck supper, tailgate party, family dinner, picnic, holiday celebration, or dinner party. The editors of American Profile have compiled the nation's most savory, sweet, and all-around tasty recipes-straight from their readers and modeled after the magazine's most popular section, "Hometown Recipes." You'll find recipes that are perfect for sharing: from South-of-the-Border Breakfast Bake and Omelet in a Bag for a Crowd, to Monkey Bread and Mom's Magic Muffins; from Clam Chowder and Superb Red Pepper Soup, to Best-Ever Fried Potatoes and Cheesy Slow Cooker Corn. With Hometown Get-Togethers, friends and neighbors will be asking for your cooking secrets and your recipes when you bring one of these delectable dishes to your next gathering. American Profile, one of America's most widely circulated magazines, celebrates hometown life, and in Hometown Get-Togethers editors Candace Floyd, Anne Gillem, Nancy S. Hughes, and Jill Melton do just that.
Hometown Recipes for the Holidays invites you to pull up a chair to America's dinner table and enjoy more than 250 cherished family recipes, special memories, and dozens of beautiful photographs. You'll find the perfect dish for each of your favorite celebrations: New Year's Day, the Fourth of July, Columbus Day, Passover, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, President's Day, Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. The editors of American Profile have compiled the nation's most delicious recipes--straight from their readers--in this book, which is modeled after the magazine's most popular section, "Hometown Recipes." You'll find everything from breakfast with Grandma's Christmas Casserole and Wake-Up Casserole to the perfect additions to jazz up your buffet, such as Julia's Fresh Cranberry Relish and Aunt Peggy's Salmon Pasta Salad, to sit-down dinner options such as Almost Lasagna Zucchini Casserole and Ben's Swiss Steak. Top it all off with a decadent dessert, such as Butter Rum Cake, or something a little easier, such as No-Roll Sugar Cookies or Quick-and-Easy Family Peanut Brittle, to create an experience that your family and friends will remember for years. American Profile, one of America's most widely circulated magazines, celebrates hometown life, and in Hometown Recipes for the Holidays editors Candace Floyd, Anne Gillem, Nancy S. Hughes, and Jill Melton do just that.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.