- Table View
- List View
After an injury leaves soldier Owen Archer with only one eye, he turns sleuth and heads to York to solve two murders. There, he meets Lucie Wilton, wife of Nicholas, the apothecary. The plot thickens when Nicholas is beset with a strange illness, and secrets from Lucie's family's past come back to disrupt the settled life she shares with her husband..
Eighth book of the Owen Archer mystery series
This novel is about the plotting and counter-plotting that surrounds the claims for the throne of Scotland.
Second book in Margaret Kerr mystery series set in Scotland at the time of Robert the Bruce.
On behalf of the Duke of Lancaster, Owen Archer, a former soldier, journeys to Wales to help thwart a French invasion.
A man has drowned in the River Ouse, not accidentally. Why should he be killed? Renowned for solving many crimes, one-eyed spy Owen Archer is immediately drawn into the case. He realises that it isn't a simple question of one victim, one suspect. And when a valuable cross goes missing and a woman is badly burnt in mysterious circumstances, the web of deceit widens. Then another body is found in the river. And as Owen and Jasper get closer to the truth, they find their own lives in danger...
Once again Alice Peerrers makes trouble in the King's Court. Owen is now spy for Archbishop Thoresby. After a friend and fellow soldier's betrothed disappears, Owen sets off to help him discover what has befallen her.
When a young boy's mother is killed, and a detached hand is found in the inn, Owen and Lucie begin the investigation. But the list of suspects seems to grow longer rather than shorter.
From Library Journal Medieval mystery aficionados will especially appreciate Owen Archer's third appearance. Archer's "boss," the Archbishop of York, asks him to investigate a nun who claims to have returned from the dead. Unfortunately for Owen, his search uncovers multiple murder.
Expertly recreating the social and political upheavals of late medieval Europe and the increasing power of the wealthy merchant class, acclaimed author Candace Robb introduces a new series starring Kate Clifford, a woman forged on the warring northern marches of fourteenth century England. Political unrest permeates York at the cusp of the fifteenth century, as warring factions take sides on who should be the rightful king--Richard II or his estranged, powerful cousin in exile, Henry Bolingbroke. Independent minded twenty-year-old Kate Clifford is struggling to dig out from beneath the debt left by her late husband. Determined to find a way to be secure in her own wealth and establish her independence in a male dominated society, Kate turns one of her properties near the minster into a guest house and sets up a business. In a dance of power, she also quietly rents the discreet bedchambers to the wealthy, powerful merchants of York for nights with their mistresses. But the brutal murder of a mysterious guest and the disappearance of his companion for the evening threatens all that Kate has built. Before others in town hear word of a looming scandal, she must call upon all of her hard-won survival skills to save herself from ruin.
7th book in the Owen Archer mystery series set in Wales.
In 1297, Margaret sets out for Edinborough with her brother a priest in search of her husband who has been missing for several months. Her search for her husband leads her deep into political intrigue in a Scotland being torn apart as rivaling factions fight to take the throne.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.