- Table View
- List View
You wouldn't know it by looking at her, but Faith Ford loves to eat. In fact, the beautiful and talented actress who played Corky Sherwood on "Murphy Brown" for ten years is also a passionate, expert home cook. Growing up in Pineville, Louisiana, she learned the great Southern classics from her mother and grandmother - Smothered Chicken, Smoky Beef Brisket, Catfish Po'Boy, Buttermilk Biscuits, Creamy Cheese Grits, Fluffy Lemon Ice Box Pie, and Chocolate Sheet Cake with Fudge Icing. As a young model and actress living in New York and Los Angeles, Faith learned to modify her favorite dishes from home into more healthful, calorie-conscious fare: Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken, Dilled Egg White Salad, Roasted Five Vegetable Soup with Turkey Meatballs, Sauteed Green Beans with Fresh Herbs, Faith's Lighter Cheese Grits Frittata, Cranberry Orange Slush, and Faith's Peach and Pecan Crumble.Cooking with Faith has the best of both of Faith's worlds - a combination of the homespun, heirloom recipes Faith grew up with and the lighter, healthier, more modern versions and creations. This is food to live with day to day and this is food to celebrate with or just indulge a longing for comfort and home. In addition to the 120 recipes, there will be delightful anecdotes of growing up on a small family farm in the American South as well as 8 pages of full color photography and 20 black and white photographs throughout.
From the book jacket: "AN ABSORBING STORY- full of glamour, well spiced with unhappiness, and finally resolved in an upbeat conclusion... what emerges most clearly is the striking resemblance between father and daughter." Washington Post Book World "DAZZLING... There is no rank sentimentality here. It is honest sentiment, arrived at after much pain. It is no Hollywood, glitzy-type autobiography, either ...Inside each page is you and I, looking back. Truths emerge here. So does a writer of real promise." The Cincinnati Enquirer "REMORSELESSLY CANDID... as intimately and frankly recited as the entries in a diary." The Boston Herald
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.