- Table View
- List View
Many people dream of escaping the clutches of corporate America and running a business of their own. While these would-be entrepreneurs often have terrific ideas, they don't have a clue about where to start, especially when it comes to complying with state requirements and plowing through the paperwork. This book can help. User-friendly and loaded with tips, The Small Business Start-Up Kit helps aspiring entrepreneurs launch a business quickly, easily and with confidence. The book explains, in plain English, how to: choose from among the basic types of business organizations -- sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), write an effective business plan, file the right forms in the right place; be prepared for, and file, the required taxes; acquire good bookkeeping and accounting habits. The Start-Up Kit also includes all the forms and instructions readers need both as tear-outs and on a cross platform CD-ROM.
Many people dream of starting a business, but fear that without an MBA they'll get lost in the maze of government red tape. Here's the handbook they need. Step-by-step, The Small Business Start-Up Kit for California outlines how to set up a business in the Golden State quickly and easily, pointing out the hurdles, fees and forms along the way. In language that is clear, readable and straight to the point, the book explains how to: choose the best business structure, write an effective business plan, file the right forms in the right place, be prepared for, and file, the required taxes, acquire good bookkeeping and accounting habits. This completely revamped and updated book provides the latest rules and regulations, all the required forms and an expanded discussion of running a business on the Internet. Includes a sample partnership agreement; county, state and tax forms, and instructions to filling them out.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.