Many associate mysticism with eastern spiritual practices such as Zen Buddhism or yoga. But Christianity has its own mystical tradition with a long and rich history that reaches back to the New Testament-and remains surprisingly relevant today. The Big Book of Christian Mysticism explores this rich tradition and shows how it can be a powerful tool for transformation and the experience of the Divine.
This startling new book explores how the two paths of Pagan and Christian can converge.
With reviews of over 400 books, this will be an essential handbook for anyone interested in reading about the magical world of Witchcraft-- as well as related topics of interest to any Wiccan practitioner.
When Someone You Love Is Wiccan : A Guide to Witchcraft and Paganism for Concerned Friends, Nervous Parents, and Curious Co-workersby Carl Mccolman
Explains Pagan spirituality to non-Pagans in a balanced, accessible, way. It acknowledges the natural anxiety many non-Pagans may feel when confronted by a son, daughter, sibling, friend or coworker who suddenly proclaims, "I'm a Witch!" Wicca and Paganism are among the world's fastest growing religions. It's apparent that much of this growth is due to teenage and young adult involvement. While this may be a positive sign to veteran practitioners, it may be understandably worrisome, even frightening, to many of the parents, family members, friends, and associates of today's Witches. Aimed specifically at those who may have little interest in practicing Wicca themselves, When Someone You Love is Wiccan includes; a brief introduction to Wicca and Paganism, understanding the ethical and moral dimensions of Wicca, What not to do when interacting with Wiccans and Pagans, why, "the burning times," are essential to understanding Wicca, and advice for those who might want to explore Wicca themselves. Non-Pagans and Pagans will appreciate this fair and responsible overview of one of the mysterious-and most misunderstood-modern spiritual paths. Several pages of well described books and websites for further study for teenagers and adults and an index are included.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.