- Table View
- List View
Many associate mysticism with eastern spiritual practices such as Zen Buddhism or yoga. But Christianity has its own mystical tradition with a long and rich history that reaches back to the New Testament-and remains surprisingly relevant today. The Big Book of Christian Mysticism explores this rich tradition and shows how it can be a powerful tool for transformation and the experience of the Divine.
This startling new book explores how the two paths of Pagan and Christian can converge.
With reviews of over 400 books, this will be an essential handbook for anyone interested in reading about the magical world of Witchcraft-- as well as related topics of interest to any Wiccan practitioner.
When Someone You Love Is Wiccan : A Guide to Witchcraft and Paganism for Concerned Friends, Nervous Parents, and Curious Co-workersby Carl Mccolman
Explains Pagan spirituality to non-Pagans in a balanced, accessible, way. It acknowledges the natural anxiety many non-Pagans may feel when confronted by a son, daughter, sibling, friend or coworker who suddenly proclaims, "I'm a Witch!" Wicca and Paganism are among the world's fastest growing religions. It's apparent that much of this growth is due to teenage and young adult involvement. While this may be a positive sign to veteran practitioners, it may be understandably worrisome, even frightening, to many of the parents, family members, friends, and associates of today's Witches. Aimed specifically at those who may have little interest in practicing Wicca themselves, When Someone You Love is Wiccan includes; a brief introduction to Wicca and Paganism, understanding the ethical and moral dimensions of Wicca, What not to do when interacting with Wiccans and Pagans, why, "the burning times," are essential to understanding Wicca, and advice for those who might want to explore Wicca themselves. Non-Pagans and Pagans will appreciate this fair and responsible overview of one of the mysterious-and most misunderstood-modern spiritual paths. Several pages of well described books and websites for further study for teenagers and adults and an index are included.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.