Vascular surgery and anaesthesia have changed considerably in recent years and become recognised subspecialties, although non-specialist anaesthetists continue to provide much of the care for emergency vascular surgical patients. Core Topics in Vascular Anaesthesia brings together the clinical expertise of global leaders in the field in a comprehensive review of contemporary practice. Detailed discussion is included on every aspect of clinical management: * Preoperative risk assessment, including cardiopulmonary exercise testing and risk modification using pharmacological and cardiac interventions * Anaesthesia for major vascular operations including carotid endarterectomy, complex endovascular aortic surgery and repair of ruptured aortic aneurysms * Intraoperative management of high risk patients including advanced monitoring techniques, fluid management, blood conservation and transfusion, major haemorrhage and treatment of coagulopathy Practical and well illustrated, Core Topics in Vascular Anaesthesia is essential reading for anaesthetists, intensive care physicians and vascular surgeons.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.